Cars Ginetta GT4 SuperCup [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

After talking to people regarding LODS, I have found out the following. Since Kunos fixed their netcode (in 1.6 I think?) it's really not that important, and if you run a race series, restrict custom skins down to 10mb size max as some racers PC's may not be up to spec. The only problem you might find is with badly modded / un-optimised circuits.

So just to give you the details, Kunos cars are in general 250K Poly count. The Ginetta is only 145K, so running 24 cars in MP should not pose a problem.

Regards

Shaun

The Ginetta is of course "lighter" on polygons than Kunos cars. But make the skin restriction to 10 MB per car the LOD's really unnecessary?
I don't think so when I've a look to the file sizes of B C D kn5's.
Maybe I'm wrong here...

Shaun Clarke updated Ginetta GT4 SuperCup with a new update entry:

Just a few updates

Evening all,

First of all, you have hopefully seen my posts about LODS, so this update does not contain LODS. If they are required then we can look at this, so what does this update contain......

Increased Weight of car as per 2017 Specs
Medium Tyres all around
Increased ride height at front, as was clipping on bumpy tracks
Decreased FFB slightly, due to Hard Clipping
Fixed Gear Ratios
Rear View mirror now attached, not "floating"
Light on the steering wheel now works with lights and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: Two
Personally, I think the LODs should still be implemented if you have someone that knows how to do it. Yes it is a little more work, but it will help complete an excellent mod. I appreciate that it may not be a problem for *some* people (myself included), but not everyone has the latest hardware. The old rig I was using just before Christmas ran AC fine for the most part, but certainly couldn't handle a full field of mod cars with no LODs. With this mod now appearing in club events, I think decent performance for everyone would be a great feature. :thumbsup:

Personally, I think the LODs should still be implemented if you have someone that knows how to do it. Yes it is a little more work, but it will help complete an excellent mod. I appreciate that it may not be a problem for *some* people (myself included), but not everyone has the latest hardware. The old rig I was using just before Christmas ran AC fine for the most part, but certainly couldn't handle a full field of mod cars with no LODs. With this mod now appearing in club events, I think decent performance for everyone would be a great feature. :thumbsup:

We are working on it (LODS) that is, as I appreciate what you are all saying. WACK has never done LODS, so I am asking others for input as he does want to learn, so bear with us on the LODS, but this doesn't stop the enjoyment online, unless you have a really seriously under powered PC.

I have tested on a MSI 750GTX 2GB, and 24 field was fine

Shaun

Hey guys, there's a club race for the Ginetta tonight at Silverstone. Given the interest in the mod during it's rebirth, it would be great if we can get a decent number of people on the grid. Trouble is if it's events continue to be under-attended, the Ginetta will end up dropped from the club altogether. That'd be a real shame given the quality of the mod and it's potential for good, close racing. So come on, get signed up! :thumbsup:

Ginetta @ Silverstone - Wednesday March 1st 2017

@Ross Garland Arr damn, just seen this, and saw my name down, but didn't sign up for Silverstone, as I knew I would not be available tonight, but didn't realise if you sign up for one, you sign up for them all (total newbie here)

I have committed my time elsewhere tonight :(

Will make a note on my Calendar (yes I have a Calendar running) SAD I know :geek:

Shaun

Hi All,

Been a bit quiet on this, but believe me still plugging away, but I just wanted to say, I have been given "full permission" and backing from the creators, and they have loved the improvements / adjustments I have done, so thank you to them !!!

Shaun
I think this is the difference to the old Assetto Corsa forum. Especially to the old mod section.
There was a lot more positive feedback, enthusiasm and thankfulness from the user of modification.
Here on RD you'll more feedback when things go wrong. If everything is ok with a mod it will be most quiet in the relevant thread.

Of course I can be wrong on this but this is my personal opinion based on my experiences and impressions here on RD.

As always, I just appreciate yours and the communities support, whether it be here or there.

I just like to give feedback as much as possible, and not the "its done when its done" comment, had a few years of hearing that :rolleyes:;)

Shaun Clarke updated Ginetta GT4 SuperCup with a new update entry:

Small Updates

Well what's new and what took so long. I have scraped the idea of LODS, just cannot get them to work without breaking something else, but even if you have a low end computer, it still works and you should not have any problems.

Change List:
  • Fixed and optimised the Auto Gearbox
  • Optimised the Steering Geometry, which has en-hanced the feeling of the car
  • Rear Window now shows Ginetta across the back as well as nametag
  • Brake Temps - This is a BIGGIE!!! I cannot stress...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back