Cars Ginetta GT4 SuperCup [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one. I know it's not going to suit all as the softs were quite planted, but I think most of us want as close to real life specs as possible or else we'd be on pCARs where their Ginetta is unrestricted.

2017 spec (F - med / R - med) sound much better than 2016 (F - med / R - hard) :D

DISCLAIMER!!! - WARNING

I just wanted to put this, just to warn you all. Now the previous version, and again thank you to you all, has actually been unrealistic. TCR and ABS was actually activated, and it was also running on soft tyres, which both are a NO NO in this series.

So TCR and ABS are now disabled and also, the car now runs Medium Tyres all round. Now what does this mean I here you :cry:

Well it does't stop on a six pence any more, you can lock the wheels
You "Have" to warm the tyres up a little more
You can still "plant" the throttle, in a straight line, but you have to control it as well.
The car no longer drives like "it's on rails"
You "have to actually drive" the car, and this is where is excites me more.

Now I hate RWD cars, I am FWD fan, but I can handle this beast, if by my own measurement, if I can handle it, then anybody can, you just have to adapt your driving a little. I am by no means quick, but I can be consistent. Overall, it's about 1.5 sec slower per lap from the previous versions.

So my question is, do you want realism and "as close as possible" or do you want what feels right?

Me personally I want realism, but I also what that feeling of :D when I drive it, and I get that, so just wanted to give you all a heads up

Regards

Shaun

Realism for me and, in testing, the car is much more realistic in comparison to the Ginetta GT4 Supercup that I've never driven in real life :D.

To be honest, I think most if not all, will really enjoy the correction (alignment to real life specs) as it's still a very controllable and enjoyable race car to drive.

Thanks so much for bringing this version AND THE UPGRADES (when released to public). Well done mate!

So my question is, do you want realism and "as close as possible" or do you want what feels right?
I think the reason most of us play racing simulators is because we want realism, so that's my vote. :thumbsup: I've always enjoyed the supercup support series when watching the BTCC, so I'm well chuffed to have it in AC. Thanks a lot for your continued work on making this mod better and better! :notworthy:

@After_Midnight do you mean Brake Bias, as there is no Brake Pressure setting...
On the stock cars, there is a Brake Pressure setting that is also found under the Generic tab alongside Brake Bias.

I think the reason most of us play racing simulators is because we want realism, so that's my vote. :thumbsup: I've always enjoyed the supercup support series when watching the BTCC, so I'm well chuffed to have it in AC. Thanks a lot for your continued work on making this mod better and better! :notworthy:

On the stock cars, there is a Brake Pressure setting that is also found under the Generic tab alongside Brake Bias.
Thanks mate, will look in to that

Shaun

So alot of people are asking for LODS to be done for the Ginetta, I would do them but it doesn't do that much to hurt your fps in game from my experience, i mod Assetto Corsa daily and have worked on the Ginnetta for Fordman and other projects for him since last year. If FPS and cpu occupancy is a big issue for yourself, i recommend this for now until i can fix the lods for you all.

Either play with a low amount of people in a series, i'm sure someone can sort out a server for the low spec pc players here or just play singleplayer for now(could get very boring)

Or make/buy your own server to play with a group of friends and make your own leagues with your own custom settings etc and have fun that way a server isn't hard to sort out once you have done the port forwards.

The ports are easy aswell.

TCP: 9600
UPD: 9600
HTTP: 8081 TCP protocol is used for http.

Setting up your server is easy aswell, there is an app within the game files under server.

Anyway sorry to those who can't do any of the above you'll have to wait for a fix im afraid.

Thanks @Wack Hopefully everybody can see, we are not letting this lie, we are working hard on everything to make the Ginetta as best we can, but some things, just take time.

Like I have said from day one, I am no modeller, WACK has helped loads, and all this talk about LODS just confused the hell out of me ( as tbh) I have never suffered any problems with any mods that didn't have LOD files, and trust me I have no power house of a PC.

Like I said earlier, we did gave lod files, but all the shaders when to pot, so had to revert back and investigate, yeah it's a learning curve, but a good one.

So for me, at this moment in time, realism is paramount, LODS are second best, which is obviously a shame as I wanted the best of both at the same time, but not going to happen, sorry for that.

Shaun

@Ross Garland
@After_Midnight

Please see below, is that what you meant?

brake_power.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back