• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Cars Ginetta GT4 SuperCup [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Mods' started by Shaun Clarke, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,740
    Fordman submitted a new resource:

Ginetta GT4 SuperCup - Ginetta GT4, properly named

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Guillaume Francois

Guillaume Francois

Ratings:
    +59
    so when you said the release was not for yesterday, well at 2 am is IMO a very fast update !!!
    Well done mate !

3. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,740
    @Guillaume Francois I got so angry with myself, that I just went away for a little while, and I said, no I can do this. Once I get fixed on something, I won;t leave it alone until I am happy LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,740
    I will be honest, if I may, this download / update...I love it, turn your speakers up and enjoy the drive and he FFB. Thankyou for reminding me to do this ROFL HA HA HA

5. antirussia81

antirussia81

Ratings:
    +68
    Quick question - should I expect any problems using skins that were made for the previous version?

6. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,740
  7. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +377
    Thanks Fordman.
    Should I completely uninstall all previous Ginetta cars and data before installing this one?
    I'm downloading as we speak.

8. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim

Ratings:
    +107
    Thank you for this. I'm yet to download it.
    Is this car BoPed with the Kunos Porsche and Maserati GT4 cars?

9. HarryRiedl

HarryRiedl

Ratings:
    +25
    On my brief testing they all seem to be about 1-2 secs (VIR, Brands, RBR, Barca) Although I do find it very easy to get consistent times with the G55

• Like Like x 1
  10. Two

Two

Ratings:
    +88
    I'd say the Ginetta's are a bit quicker than the Porsche...I don't have the Maserati to compare to.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oreos

Oreos
    Premium

Ratings:
    +75
    I've just done some personal testing at Bridge to Gantry and the Ginetta came out on top.

Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport - 6:56.6
    Ginetta G55 - 6:52.2

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,740
    Thanks all for your comments and testing, and if somebody calls it a G55 again, I will personally slap them :roflmao::D Just kidding of course.

You will find that the Ginetta is quicker due to having soft slick tyres, so will grip better, It may also be lighter (not checked) where as the Porsche and Maserati have hard compound.

You can run both version (G55 and the Supercup) in AC if you wish, but I will only be updating the Supercup from now on. Updating both versions will only get confusing.

13. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,740
    Hi All,

Just a question. Everybody seems to want to race the Ginetta with the Porsche and the Maserati, but at the moment, the Ginetta is faster. Is there enough demand for me to create a GT4 version so that it compares to the other 2?

• Like Like x 3
    • Wow Wow x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tom Blackett

Tom Blackett

Ratings:
    +97
    Hell yes!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Guillaume Francois

Guillaume Francois

Ratings:
    +59
    Dude get some rest lmao ! Well if you ask me, sure it could be nice to have a ginetta running against other gt4s, but as you said it would double the work...and we both know that they are not the only cars you work on !

Btw, I tried the supercup this night, one word: AMAZING, but still probs on the tires same temps on in, mid, and out.

Dude really, have some rest and enjoy your free time xD !

16. Oreos

Oreos
    Premium

Ratings:
    +75
    Would be very nice, maybe start by adjusting the Ginetta onto hard tires, could make it a bit more equal.

17. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,558
    If it were me, I'd stick to just one until it's as complete as it can be, then perhaps move on to the other if demand is there. Doing both at once could, as you said yourself, be confusing. Not to mention time consuming.

18. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,740
    The gearing Ratios would need looking at as well, as obviously I have matched this for the Supercup Series.

@Guillaume Francois :roflmao::D I will when my brain burns out...but glad you like it

19. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,740
    Yeah I know what you mean, but "if" they are named differently which they are now, see told you there was a reason :D there should be no confusion.

Arr it was just an idea, to see if "people" would like it :thumbsup:

20. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,740
    Just reading the Tech Manual and regulations, should not be that much work actually, I am just a little confused. The Tech Reg states:

But the Porsche and the Mas have locked gear boxes and fixed Diff's but they also have Seq Gear boxes, which to me, that says they have the "waiver" for the Seq Gearbox :thumbsdown:

Any resident GT4 experts here :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.