Cars Ginetta G55 GT4 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a real racing driver. I was stating what I personally like to do. It's good to have options, don't you think? Particularly when those options are already available on similar cars this one will be racing against.

It's also worth pointing out that having the driving aids listed in the setup tabs allows you to choose the *level* of TC and ABS too. Might be helpful for those that want assists, and can't be accessed any other way. Certainly not with CTRL+T and CTRL+A.

But I digress. I'm not asking for the mod to be personalised to me. If nobody else thinks this should be implemented, don't bother. :O_o:
One suggestion to you: read my whole post again. Than you'll see I'm on your side ;)

Here what I meant with the hood view (favorable view with GT cars as the cockpit view just leaves to little sight)... I made 2 screenshots to compare the view on the track. Maybe it helps to position the hood cam a bit higher.

Attachments

• Screenshot_ginetta_g55_gt4_ks_vallelunga_1-3-117-21-9-57.jpg
    Screenshot_ginetta_g55_gt4_ks_vallelunga_1-3-117-21-9-57.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot_ks_maserati_gt_mc_gt4_ks_vallelunga_1-3-117-21-9-4.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_maserati_gt_mc_gt4_ks_vallelunga_1-3-117-21-9-4.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Screenshot_ginetta_g55_gt4_ks_vallelunga_1-3-117-21-9-57.jpg
    Screenshot_ginetta_g55_gt4_ks_vallelunga_1-3-117-21-9-57.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 196
ARR Perfect, thank you. It's Pitch and velocity, I can work on that, but remember, the Ginetta has a longer Bonnet / Hood as well so I need to compensate for that, but thank you for those screenies

Shaun

It's also worth pointing out that having the driving aids listed in the setup tabs allows you to choose the *level* of TC and ABS too. Might be helpful for those that want assists, and can't be accessed any other way. Certainly not with CTRL+T and CTRL+A.

You can choose the level of ABS and TC with the CTRL+ combinations. For example, each press of CTRL+T increases the TC value by one (which is actually less TC) until you get to the maximum, at which point another press of CTRL+T cycles it to Off and then starts to work it's way back up through 1, 2, 3, etc. (depending on how many levels the car has). I have the TC + and - mapped to buttons on my wheel so I can quickly cycle through them without having to look at the keyboard.

See above mate, that is what I did, that is all AI?

@After_Midnight Not seen that, but like above, unless I post a video ( which I will now do) there is nothing I think I can do, as on my PC, with the AI, I don't see a problem....

Please remember I cannot control the racing fast lane on the tracks for the AI, but unless I see what your talking about, I won't / don't how to fix :(

Shaun

I think, he means that if the AI-Ginettas are in front or have a lot of free track ahead of them, they are faster than the Maseratis and Caymans, e.g. in Training and Qualifying. I just did a weekend-session at the Red Bull Ring at 97% AI and all of the Ginettas did a 1:36. The other cars did a 1:39 / 1:40.

Will try some other GT4-/Track combos to see if it is a Red Bull Ring related problem.

I think, he means that if the AI-Ginettas are in front or have a lot of free track ahead of them, they are faster than the Maseratis and Caymans, e.g. in Training and Qualifying. I just did a weekend-session at the Red Bull Ring at 97% AI and all of the Ginettas did a 1:36. The other cars did a 1:39 / 1:40.

Will try some other GT4-/Track combos to see if it is a Red Bull Ring related problem.
It's not. Brands Hatch, Nürburgring and Mugello I'm way quicker in the Ginettas. I haven't tested the other tracks. The Ginetta somehow gets much better acceleration and final top speed compared to the Cayman and the GranTurismo in default setup mode.

Hello, Salute for an excellent mod.

Can I just ask about an issue I have been having with your car. I have been racing against AI at Brands Hatch and on a number of occasions now I am having an AI car stop on track, pull off to the side and then the other AI queue up behind it, until they either work out how to go past or the car jumps back to the pits.
On watching a replay of the car in question it seems to have blown its gearbox by changing down into first at the wrong time.

Is this any thing you can adsise on?

Many thanks and kind regards
Friar

It's not. Brands Hatch, Nürburgring and Mugello I'm way quicker in the Ginettas. I haven't tested the other tracks. The Ginetta somehow gets much better acceleration and final top speed compared to the Cayman and the GranTurismo in default setup mode.

I'm not talking about their performance compared to human drivers, it's about the AI-Ginettas compared to AI-Caymans and AI-Maseratis in Training- and Qualifying-Sessions. They are about 3 seconds faster, at least at Red Bull and - just tested - at Silverstone. However, the Maseratis and Caymans finished in their respective packs as well, so it was 5 Ginettas from 1st to 5th, the Caymans 6th to 10th and then the bunch of Maseratis.

Lowering the AI-Skill for the Ginettas by some amount in the Content Manager might help.

I'm not talking about their performance compared to human drivers, it's about the AI-Ginettas compared to AI-Caymans and AI-Maseratis in Training- and Qualifying-Sessions. They are about 3 seconds faster, at least at Red Bull and - just tested - at Silverstone. However, the Maseratis and Caymans finished in their respective packs as well, so it was 5 Ginettas from 1st to 5th, the Caymans 6th to 10th and then the bunch of Maseratis.
I'm aware, I'm giving my experience with the car during test laps.

I got the same behaviour on the AI as well while running them alone by themselves.

[QUOTE="KarlHelm, post: 2419793, member: 226219"
Lowering the AI-Skill for the Ginettas by some amount in the Content Manager might help.[/QUOTE]
Not heard of that one before, please PM me on how to do it, but I don't want to make them so slow it's unrealistic :thumbsup:

Shaun

Shaun Clarke updated Ginetta G55 GT4 with a new update entry:

Updated Ginetta G55

Well what's new and what took so long. I have scraped the idea of LODS, just cannot get them to work without breaking something else, but even if you have a low end computer, it still works and you should not have any problems.

Change List:
  • Fixed and optimised the Auto Gearbox
  • Optimised the Steering Geometry, which has en-hanced the feeling of the car
  • Rear Window now shows Ginetta across the back as well as nametag
  • Improved Gear Ratios
  • Now on par (I hope, tested and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi
After the Update I can not go on the Track,Car loads then the upper left Butom to go on
the Track is not red,it says failed Setup,what can i do.Thanks

Even if you make no changes, it's possible that with a cold ambient temp your tires will lose enough pressure to flex you under the minimum. (If the default setup is riding the minimum that closely.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%