Fixed Gear Ratios
Rear View mirror now attached, not "floating"
Light on the steering wheel now works with lights and lights flash
ABS and TCR are on
Added Brake Power to setup
Adjusted Brake Bias as default to stop locking but can be changed
Driver...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Had reports from @MaoZeTung that the Ginetta is 3 secs per lap faster. I have just done an AI race:
8 x Maserati
8 x Porsche GT4
7 x Ginetta (Plus me).

See the results below from a 4 lap race at Monza. Don't see how the Ginetta is 3secs per lap faster? If it was then 4 laps, then thats a 12 sec gain overall, and the Maserati only won by 8 seconds.

There is also the weight to think about MaoZetung.
Ginetta = 1195kg
Porsche = 1375kg
Maserati - 1485kg

Almost 300kg diff, that is like 2 x people on board.

The Ginetta tops out, max revs way before the Maserati and Porsche, so yes the Ginetta will get there quicker, but the P and M will have more in the long run. Also the Ginetta is well renowned for it's grip and aero dynamics and handling.

Like I said, unless I start introducing unrealistic settings to the Ginetta, I cannot see what else I can do?

ON a side note, I have fixed the auto gear box as well, just doing some final testing.

GT4_Race.jpg

Last edited:
It's true. That said, can you add an 'electronics' tab to the setup menu like the other GT4's, allowing us to turn the aids off please?
I am just doing some more digging, as in the Supercup, these are NOT allowed, but waiting for GT4 specs. All i can find out is "The GT4 can be customised to suit the series it races in" but I have the full tech specs of the Supercup, and it states a defo NO NO.

Shaun

Fire up the Ginetta g55 GT4 front and not drive yourself but do drive AI and you'll see that everything returns

See above mate, that is what I did, that is all AI?

@After_Midnight Not seen that, but like above, unless I post a video ( which I will now do) there is nothing I think I can do, as on my PC, with the AI, I don't see a problem....

Please remember I cannot control the racing fast lane on the tracks for the AI, but unless I see what your talking about, I won't / don't how to fix :(

Shaun

I am just doing some more digging, as in the Supercup, these are NOT allowed, but waiting for GT4 specs. All i can find out is "The GT4 can be customised to suit the series it races in" but I have the full tech specs of the Supercup, and it states a defo NO NO.
Of course I know it's not allowed in Supercup. :) This is the GT4 thread though. I just want the option do disable the TC/ABS like you can with the other GT4s, because I don't like assists.

But if Assist are on by default due to series rules, why would you want to turn them off? Just asking
Because I don't like using them. Turning TC off can give you faster lap times for one thing. As for ABS, you end up getting too used to it being there. Then when you drive a car that doesn't have it, you lock up at every corner. I wonder if you're allowed to turn the aids off in the real series? You can on the other GT4's in AC, but perhaps you can't in real life?

Because I don't like using them. Turning TC off can give you faster lap times for one thing. As for ABS, you end up getting too used to it being there. Then when you drive a car that doesn't have it, you lock up at every corner. I wonder if you're allowed to turn the aids off in the real series? You can on the other GT4's in AC, but perhaps you can't in real life?
No race driver in real life would turn off ABS when it is available. Also TC with good settings will never slow you down on a track.
But for ingame it should be able to turn it on/off because all other cars gives you also the choice.
Its not for your reason "locking tires in other cars", because this makes cars different.

No race driver in real life would turn off ABS when it is available. Also TC with good settings will never slow you down on a track.
I'm not a real racing driver. I was stating what I personally like to do. It's good to have options, don't you think? Particularly when those options are already available on similar cars this one will be racing against.

It's also worth pointing out that having the driving aids listed in the setup tabs allows you to choose the *level* of TC and ABS too. Might be helpful for those that want assists, and can't be accessed any other way. Certainly not with CTRL+T and CTRL+A.

But I digress. I'm not asking for the mod to be personalised to me. If nobody else thinks this should be implemented, don't bother. :O_o:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%