1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Giedo van der Garde

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Johan Top, Feb 1, 2013.

• Like Like x 2
  1. Oh no. A dutch driver. :eek:

2. So what do you expect from the first dutch driver since a long time.

3. Much more than what Christian Albers delivered :p

4. He brought me a nice fuel hose..

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I think for Guido its important to win the internal battle with his teammate.

Will be difficult to get into the points though.

6. Bram

Bram

Guido will have new upgrades on the car and thinks he can now challenge the Marussias. Lets hope so as I think this will be a crucial weekend for him.

7. I hope you mean that he will have the same upgrades as his team mate. :)

8. Bram

Bram

What do you guys think, will Guido stay for another year with Caterham in 2014?

9. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

It's not like they have a reason to boot him. He made the most of their car, definitely.

10. He did what he could and had the Measure of PIC who was a year more experienced than him. I think he will be with Caterham by 2014

11. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

I think VDG will still be at Caterham next year, but I'd much rather see Heikki in his place.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Caterham is very complicated at the moment. Pic has a contract, but GvdG seems to be fast after the tyre changes. Rossi and Kovalainen could get a seat too.

13. If VDG and Pic don't manage to take back P10 in the WCC from Marussia they might ironically guarantee their continued employment because Caterham wouldn't be able to afford reinstating Kovalainen.

14. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium Member

15. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Decent move for Sauber.
    Very lucky for VDG. He didn't really deserve another seat in F1

16. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

I actually think he did. He showed good performances in variable conditions, which in reality is the only chances to prove something in the bottom two teams.