Resource icon

Other GID patched for AMS 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Im having an issue on my hud I have the standings (Grid) and everytime I shift up on my flappy paddles whilst racing the grid changes the grid class from myclass to all any ideas how to stop it?

Im having an issue on my hud I have the standings (Grid) and everytime I shift up on my flappy paddles whilst racing the grid changes the grid class from myclass to all any ideas how to stop it?
Yes, open .../Automobilista/Plugins/GID/gidConf.txt and comment out the line that says
GRIDCLASS = Controller, 1, Button, 2, EventDown
By comment out, I mean put a dot in front of it so it becomes like this
.GRIDCLASS = Controller, 1, Button, 2, EventDown

Save and exit and it should all work

Martin,

Do you know if there is a way to use GID plus some real time Delta feature as DynHud has?
Im my oppinion GID is much better than DynHud, but Delta is really important to me.

There is a way to use GID plus DynHud just to use the real time Delta?

@RafaBarbosa Yes you can, I'll walk you through the steps

1) Rename the d3d9.dll file of DynHUD to something like d3d9_DynHUD.dll
2) Open the DunHUD editor and set it up as you wish. In your case, remove anything but the detla bar.
3) Open GIDPlugin.ini and replace the line that say OriginalD3D9Dll=DEFAULT to OriginalD3D9Dll=d3d9_DynHUD.dll. Save and exit
4) Go race!

@RafaBarbosa Yes you can, I'll walk you through the steps

1) Rename the d3d9.dll file of DynHUD to something like d3d9_DynHUD.dll
2) Open the DunHUD editor and set it up as you wish. In your case, remove anything but the detla bar.
3) Open GIDPlugin.ini and replace the line that say OriginalD3D9Dll=DEFAULT to OriginalD3D9Dll=d3d9_DynHUD.dll. Save and exit
4) Go race!
Hi Martin
this default is changed like in overview into d3d9_2.dll if i change this into d3d9_DynHUD.dll then the game ams isnt starting anymore,

regards Peter

Last edited:
Hi there,

I have a small issue with this otherwise great tool:
It somehow does not recognize race sessions, when I am in a race session it always thinks it is a practice session and is e.g. not showing the starting lights. Any idea?

Thanks!

@Dietmar As you might know GID was originally made for rFactor by Fazerbox and since the source code has been changed for AMS, GID can't detect a race session properly.
The solution would be to rewrite the GID code for AMS and for all I know only Fazerbox has the GID source code. There is only so much you can do with a hex editor.. well, at least only so much I can do.

Great GID, just like Trackmap only can't find a way to move or hide the trackmap... The trackmap is also visible in the box screen... can I change this?

Hi
in box screen you cant remove it i believe, atleast i never tried it lol not important for me ;)
Hide trackmap or change from fix into rotation press right ctrl + numpad 0

edit layout and hide or show data press ALT (left) and spacebar

Thanks Martin introducing GID to AMS is so great!
I have a question though. I find that if I put some GID HUD elements (except the track map) on the left or right screen, if my in-game LCD mode is not tire temp, these HUD elements will flicker like crazy. Do you know what could possibly be the reason? I've tried fullscreen/borderless/bordered window and turning on/off SweeftFX and they don't work.

Thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back