1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giancarlo Fisichella

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Damian Henderson, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Fisichella will be in the Ferrari for the rest of the season.

Ferrari announcement at 3.30pm UK time today

2. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Let's see how he does :)
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Nice reward for him having one good result in 85 years in Formula 1 lol
  4. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I remember that he once won a rainy Brazilian GP when he was the only one that hadn't pitted when the red flag was waved lol.
  5. He won a race in 2006 Bram :p

Vijay says it doesn't have anything to do with outstanding debts over their engine deal, but that's bollocks, he'll have got a lot out of that :D
  6. Bram

Oh wow two good results :) Why not sign Jarno Trulli too, or Tiago Monteiro, all exceptional talents that would do really well in a Ferrari :laugh:

Its all politics again :) Adrian Sutil kicks Fisi's bum 9/10 normally
  7. They can't sign Trulli otherwise they would. So they got Fisi.

Fisi is a good driver, just spent to much time in the shadow of Alonso. You will see Fisi show Kimi up a bit I think as he's got the pace.
  8. Well, Italian, and helps Mallya's debts so = win win :D.

I would have thrown Bortolotti, Carroll or Calado in there and see how they did.

9. Yes our team driver Carroll give him a shot!] :loser:

10. He's won three races btw Bram, he's not a terrible driver, obviously one was fortuitous.

I've been very impressed with Calado - future world champion I think.
  11. Ye Fisi is a good driver, just been a bit inconsistent and when he had a quick car he was number 2 to Alonso, now it's his time to show his skills.
  12. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

At least better than Badoer :D
  13. ^^^ truth accepted :becky:
  14. Bram

@Ryan: I didn't say he is a bad driver, i said he is an exceptional talent*... :D

*85 years old
  15. Lawl :D
  16. [​IMG]
  17. :D
  18. Liuzzi is the test driver i thought anyway

[​IMG]Giancarlo Fisichella says he cannot believe how his life has been transformed in the past week after being officially confirmed as a Ferrari driver for the remainder of 2009.
    The Italian will race alongside Kimi Raikkonen for the rest of the season before becoming Ferrari's official reserve driver in 2010.

Reserve driver next year ouch
  19. yea :S I'd rather be a 1st or 2nd driver for a worse team than be a reserve driver for one of the best, I mean how often are reserve drivers used about one every few years if that!