• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghosting

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Michael Llewellyn, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Michael Llewellyn

Michael Llewellyn

Ratings:
    +25
    How annoying is Ghosting, drives me nuts.

I really hope CM remove it or a Mod comes out removing it all together.

Cheers.

Mike.

2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ........ Mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,107
    Here is the official response from Steve Hood (Chief Games Designer) :-

@T4RG4 Did you see the thread about ghosting cars reducing AI retirements and the SC? Any thoughts? I know you said this wasn't an issue...

@RonsterRoo My thoughts are that there are better things to deal with first so more people can enjoy the game. Smaller stuff we'll try.

3. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    Disappointing. Seems like an easy fix too.

4. John Robertson

John Robertson

Ratings:
    +64
    It's interesting how you guys are experiencing ghosting in the wrong areas, I don't think I've ever noticed that.

Although I played a 16 car online race the other night and had really bad lag.

Someone insisted I continue at my regular race pace because lagging as bad as I was I should just ghost through other players.

This worked for a couple laps but ended up causing me to take myself and another person out in the middle of a turn. I knew their car was somewhere around me but because of the lag and car warp I didn't know where exactly. then all of a sudden I make contact with apparently nothing in the middle of a turn and 2 seconds later we're both in the wall.

It'd be nice if ghosting worked in situations like that.

5. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    Worst ghosting moments:

1. Lap 1 monaco. Massive crash in front of me. I'm going in ahhhhh! Oh wait I just ghosted through every car and went from 17th to 5th.

2. Valencia

6. David Palavandishvili

David Palavandishvili

Ratings:
    +9
    Same Problem, at other tracks, too

7. Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Ratings:
    +245
    In F1 2010 it was particularly annoying because the AI would ghost at light speed in and out of the pits.

Here it helped me avoid a collision. It was my first ever online race in the rain at Spa. Started 7th and took the lead on turn 1 after a the guys ahead decided to have an off-track excursion. On one of the final laps, some guys decided to block Fagnes, and they ended up turning into ghosts so I could get through (even though I dodged them anyway).