F1 2011 Ghosting

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Here is the official response from Steve Hood (Chief Games Designer) :-

@T4RG4 Did you see the thread about ghosting cars reducing AI retirements and the SC? Any thoughts? I know you said this wasn't an issue...

@RonsterRoo My thoughts are that there are better things to deal with first so more people can enjoy the game. Smaller stuff we'll try.

It's interesting how you guys are experiencing ghosting in the wrong areas, I don't think I've ever noticed that.

Although I played a 16 car online race the other night and had really bad lag.

Someone insisted I continue at my regular race pace because lagging as bad as I was I should just ghost through other players.

This worked for a couple laps but ended up causing me to take myself and another person out in the middle of a turn. I knew their car was somewhere around me but because of the lag and car warp I didn't know where exactly. then all of a sudden I make contact with apparently nothing in the middle of a turn and 2 seconds later we're both in the wall.

It'd be nice if ghosting worked in situations like that.

In F1 2010 it was particularly annoying because the AI would ghost at light speed in and out of the pits.

Here it helped me avoid a collision. It was my first ever online race in the rain at Spa. Started 7th and took the lead on turn 1 after a the guys ahead decided to have an off-track excursion. On one of the final laps, some guys decided to block Fagnes, and they ended up turning into ghosts so I could get through (even though I dodged them anyway).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%