PC1 GFX Card Which one for P-Cars?

Well the title says it all really I’m playing P-Cars atm and I have an

XFX R9 270X 2GB AMD gfx card and my PC spec is:-
CPU: AMD Bulldozer FX-6 6300 Black Edition 3.50GHz @ 4.50GHz CPU
Motherboard: Asus 990FX Sabertooth AMD 990FX (Socket AM3+) DDR3 Motherboard
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C11 1600MHz Dual Channel
Cooler: Raijintek Ereboss Black CPU Cooler

But I’m only getting around 30-40 fps with everything at medium settings and I would love to push my fps up to around 60+ so my question is what gfx card can I get that will do this budget is around the £200 mark.

I use a MSI GTX-970 Gaming. I wouldn't use Nvidia's optimized settings with such a great video card as you and i have since these cards are capable of increasing most of these video settings to maximum (Ultra) to enjoy your very best quality video.

Here are my settings that work great for me if you're interested:
Note: these settings give me decent fps with average grid sizes and all weather conditions!

Everything on maximum (Ultra) "except" the following:

Texture Filtering = Anistropic 8x
Ant-Aliasing = DS2x
SMAA = Low
Reflections = High
Shadow Detail = Med
Detailed Grass = off
Motion Blur = Low

Last edited:
Yes, I think there is a difference with ffb settings. Everyone assumes they're the same.
I am sure I will find my way around it. It's your fault Jim, that tonight is going to be spent first adapting my wheel stand and cockpit, than after that pleasurable experience I will then be onto a night of experimenting and tweaking FFB. Thanks mate.

Another command line for you guys to keep the GPU and CPU temps down:
-fpscapXX
Select a number you like and put it in place of the XX. I use 70 FPS and I'm happy with that. If you are not already using this then take a look at your FPS during loading screens and menus. They are probably sky high, wasting electricity and beating on your system. Maybe even causing performance issues/glitches. Keep it cool, man.
:thumbsup:

I have a Sapphire HD 7770 with an i3 3220 3.3ghz and I get 50 - 70fps with mostly medium settings, the game still looks great, if you have to watch the grass waving in the breeze or the helicopter overhead you need not be racing IMHO.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back