Getting that buttery smooth frame rate I see in videos

I have a pretty good system that kicks out really good frame rates according to Fraps, but my games seem to lack the smoothness that I see in online videos. The videos on SCE's steam page for instance, and this one:
I can't complain per se because I have smooth, not stuttery, frame rates and a lot of details on. Not sure if this is something that is tuned in. My monitor should not be the problem since when I view other people's videos, they look smooth.
Or is it an illusion in that its easy to make things look smoother when they're in a scaled down online video?

Oddly, my frame rate starts to get smoother in Project cars when it STARTS to rain. Almost like they've got some extra optimization going on knowing that the rain is taxing. Big change from the early builds.

Thanks, Ryan

Intel i5-2550k
8gb RAM
OS on SSD, Games running off Raptor HD
ATI Radeon R9-270x

Thanks guys. I do not used vSync as it seems to make things choppy and I don't mind the screen tearing.

Ironically, I just got an update for Catalyst, so I explored the built in tuning options. Should I try locking the frame rates at 60?

I did some Dirt Rally last night and I noticed the frame rate but approaching that smoothness on one of the new Swedish stages, but it was at night and it was foggy, so the detail depth must have been really low. It might be down to performance despite what frame counters say.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back