Getting rid of the brake zone markers

1: I don't notice them anymore.
2: There will be an option somewhere in the future to turn them off.

That doesn't mean that I like them, I also want them turned of .

Last edited:
In GTL we have a mod track Birmingham, its a really great track, But you would be surprised how many have not seen the giant insects that appear as you drive round it...
Massive spiders and a couple of Ants the size of a Bus. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Id hope i would notice some naked girls.... But you're right, probably not :redface:

It seriously does not bother me, afterall i am trying to keep the car on track, therefore i dont look around. A option to switch it would be nice, but i wont think any less of it wether it has it or not. Then again, different strokes for different folks

I quite don't understand the topic title.
WHATis meant when written about "brake zone markers"?

What IS a brake zone marker and and
WHERE is it to be found in the game and
HOW does it look like?

I haven't seen it/found out about in the game so far...
Never heard of such and I am simracing since 1995.

? yes,

I am casually racing since 1995 (since the early Need for speed and Colin McRae Rally and so on until now rFactor 1+2, GSC 2012/2013, Assetto Corsa, all Simbin racing Titles, all Codemasters racing titles..

What does your respond have to do with my initial question?

CasualRacer47,

Install a demo or RRE3 and take a look at the arcadey looking red, orange and green trackside boards (with white arrows) when approching the corners.

I really can`t understand Simbin to include those funny looking markers, as the tracks are actaually looking quite nice (modelling and texturing part).

300, 200 and 100 meters markers would be much better (or as per RL track design).

oh THAT you mean.

Funny, driving the DTM EXPERIENCE for some days now I haven't seen or noticed these red, orange, green "trackside boards" so far,
Thanks, now I know what you are talking about.

But what I still don't get is :
What are those 300, 200,100 markers good for - what do those 300, 200,100 meter signs practically mean?

Do I, the racer, have a benefit seeing 300, 200, 100 meter markers? Markers marking what? 300 meters what? 200 meters what? 100 meters what?

Still don't get it.

oh THAT you mean.

Funny, driving the DTM EXPERIENCE for some days now I haven't seen or noticed these red, orange, green "trackside boards" so far,
Thanks, now I know what you are talking about.

But what I still don't get is :
What are those 300, 200,100 markers good for - what do those 300, 200,100 meter signs practically mean?

Do I, the racer, have a benefit seeing 300, 200, 100 meter markers? Markers marking what? 300 meters what? 200 meters what? 100 meters what?

Still don't get it.

Drivers use the brake markers to gauge when to brake for the upcoming corner for consistency. If a corner doesn't have a brake marker then they will sometimes pick out a landmark (ie, tree, sign, building) to use instead. During a race a driver might decide to brake at the 200m mark but during qualifying or a heated battle he might wait and brake at the 100m marker to get the most out of his lap. It all depends on the cars too. A light weight open wheel car can brake much later than a heavy touring/stock car.

They serve as reference points for braking - it doesn't mean that you have to brake right at the 100 meter sign but, you may know that you have to brake a little before or after a certain sign and when you are pushing to the limit, the margin is very small.

Doh - ninja'd again :)

Markers marking what? 300 meters what? 200 meters what? 100 meters what?

Still don't get it.
It's the distance to the apex of the next corner.
As others said, it doesn't mean that you have to brake always at the 100m sign, because different corners = different brake points. But these distance markers (e.g. 200m, 100m, 50m) can be reference points for braking.
Just like:
Turn 1 = brake between 200m and 100m sign
Turn 5 = brake late after passing the 100m sign
Last corner = brake right at the 100m sign​
You need to find it out by yourself, depending on your car, driving style and setup. This is one part of learning the track. Remember your self-defined brake points. :)

Oh I see. Didn't know that, thanx to you Three, explaining that to me.

Well that sounds a great idea those brake markers.

Even though I simrace so many years, I never noticed/seen them before in simracing,.

Now must check if they are also in other racing games like the ones I play like rFactor/GSC, GTR2, Race07 etc.

Well, usually I never mess around with any settings in games and use either the defaults or iif not set automatically, put every driving aid on like brake help etc. because whenever I did race without brake help automatic I usually did not make the curves and my car was racing offtrack losing control, cause I never knew WHEN to brake.

Now that you three guys explained that to me, thanks to you guys, I give it a try braking myself using those brake markers, now that I have noticed them.
And looking forward to use them in other racing games, if there are brake markers in them.

THANKS ALOT. Looks to me like a great and helpful feature Simbin integrated in the game with those brake markers. Thanks.

@CasualRacer47: Simracing since 1995 and still with automatic brake help on? I think it's really time for an evolution of your driving. Step by step.
Yes i know, first it is hard to step out the well-worn paths, but i think it's definitively worth the effort.

Just a small personal story: :)
Look ..... i was driving my first 2 simracing years in a league always with automatic gearbox. I couldn't drive without it, because i was busy with just the steering and to hold the car on track. My first tries to switch to manual gearbox were quite disappointing. Laptimes were much slower than before, because of my many many mis-shifts. And it was stressful as hell. :rolleyes: At this point i always thought: "Why i'm doing this? It was fine with automatic gearbox."
But this thinking is quite normal. You'll get better and better with every lap and every race. For sure.
And now? I can't drive with automatic transmission anymore. If automatic gearbox is active by default in a sim, it really confuses me that the car changes gears too early or too late, and i can't drive with it on. :geek:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back