Getting rid of the brake zone markers

Horrible. I don't know what Simbin are thinking with these brake markers.

The racing line is there to help people who don't know the circuits. We don't need these ridiculous looking brake markers that look like they have come straight out of Ridge Racer.

The tracks are otherwise nicely modelled. The brake markers are an eyesore.

Totally agree with you guys. It's such a same that everything else looks so good, but these big neon looking brake markers are total eyesores.

SimBin side-stepped the question in one of the Q&A's but I thought they hinted they would have an option to remove them. I hope they do it soon. I haven't heard one person make a positive comment about them or say they improved anything in the game.

Get rid of brake markers, add AI, add multi-player and this thing could succeed! I think we are all desperate for a good finished racing game and are tired of all the alpha/beta/WIP business that has been going on for what seems like years.

It was the same in the RRRE preview, I think those are only in the demo to have people consistently learn the tracks. Pretty much the same as the "driving line" of your previous lap.

Tom

Totally agree with you guys. It's such a same that everything else looks so good, but these big neon looking brake markers are total eyesores.

SimBin side-stepped the question in one of the Q&A's but I thought they hinted they would have an option to remove them. I hope they do it soon. I haven't heard one person make a positive comment about them or say they improved anything in the game.

Get rid of brake markers, add AI, add multi-player and this thing could succeed! I think we are all desperate for a good finished racing game and are tired of all the alpha/beta/WIP business that has been going on for what seems like years.

Totally agree, especially the last paragraph. Having a finished product that replicates a real-world series with all the cars, tracks and rules is what I've been waiting on for too long now.

I'm actually surprised more people haven't commented on these brake markers. I don't have a problem with them per se (for lower difficulty drivers), as long as there is an option to switch them off.

This product has so much potential. It would be a shame to tarnish it with a few strange design choices. Hopefully Simbin acknowledges the criticism.

I don't have a problem with them per se (for lower difficulty drivers), as long as there is an option to switch them off.
This!

The purpose of Simbin for these immersion-breaking distance markers was clearly stated in one of the Q&A videos, but nevertheless i don't get it, why these ridiculous big arrow signs are present in GetReal mode. I really really looking forward to a replacement with real distance markers (like on real tracks).

Brake markers that can't be missed, its as good as its bad, with a option to go back to the normal way of with metre boards, a setting to suit all.
i like the idea of them being in the air as opposed to the ground though. this way when you're up close to a cars rear, you can still see them and not miss your brake point. And they can't be wiped out in a race by spinning cars.
Still interested to see how they work when online for all we know it could help in online racing and cut down on rear end shunts into a corner, might be a failure to the eyes but worth it wait in gold when racing. :)

No more i missed my brake point, "sorry mate", and being spun out the lead. :)
Only when online will it tell if it works better :O_o:

Simbin have said that in R3E there will be a in game option to change this back to the traditional marker boards it will come later on.
But for new guys just starting out, which is what we need to keep sim racing alive. What we have at present is real easy to understand and might help to increase our numbers. this is what is important to our community. We want it to grow..:)
the guys who have been racing for a long time will see this as a step back for them.
its not realistic. I agree, :)
but this is aimed at new guys wanting to learn, As they said we will have the option to revert it back to the traditional way ... both set of drivers will be happy..

The current brake markers don't bother me, after a while I hardly notice them when I find my own braking spots. The option to remove them might be nice, but I see other things as higher priority for now.
I agree with Rupe, if they help newer drivers avoid those "oops, sorry", moments, I'm grateful to have them in for on-line racing when it comes. ;)

• Deleted member 165163

I hate the corner markers. I dont think massive corner markers would have made me learn a track any quicker. Its enough to put me off buying the sim if they didn't put in an option to remove them.

Thanks Rupe for the info about simbin saying there will be an option to remove them.

They are quite big if you are constantly staring at them but to be honest I am watching the road and hardly see any trackside objects, markers included.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.5%