Getting rFactor to feel just right.

Now, I would like to at first say, I only got rFactor a few months ago and when it came to various settings, I took what they were on my Race07 install that I've raced on for a few years now.

Things seem okay but everything in rFactor is still rather vague and can feel inconsistent.

Also makes getting used to a car and setting it up rather difficult. In the case of I either make a good setup, or a horrible one at the moment.

So most of all, I want to know what these things mean;
  • Digital Steering Rate
  • Digital Throttle Rate
  • Digital Brake Rate
  • Digital Clutch Rate

There are stuff like X axis sensitivity (which I guess as Joy1 X- & X+ are for left and right on my wheel), but what then is S1 & S0 sensitivity in reference in when the Throttle is mapped to S1-?

I'm the type of person who likes to know this sort of information and more the better.

The Digital _____ Rate options affect how those controls on the car behave when bound to digital controls, like buttons (on a keyboard, gamepad, wheel, joystick, etc.). For anything you have bound to an analogue control instead, they'll have no effect. Here are the values these are set to by default in Race 07.

Code:
Keyboard Steering="0.20000"
Keyboard Throttle="0.50000"
Keyboard Brake="0.50000"
Keyboard Clutch="0.20000"

I'll go take a look at the sensitivity options, as I don't know exactly how they work. I've never needed to touch them myself. I'll be back with what I find soon.

The sensitivity options don't affect where the axis starts or ends on your controller, but instead how it responds to different positions on the axis. Think a non-linear correlation between your controller axis and the game. 50% gives you a linear, directly proportional relationship. A bit like this...

controlgraph.png

X axis being controller input, and Y axis being what the game turns it into. The green line is controller response at 50% sensitivity, and the red lines are deviations from that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back