F1 2010 Getting Generic Mod Enabler to work with steam version

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
hey guys,

Been a huge fan of all the great mods made on here and have installed a great many of them. However it gets kind of tedious to install and uninstall all these files manually (let alone just keep track of all the files i've changed lol).

Now that I started playing multiplayer I need a quick and easy way to remove the mods when going online and put them back on for my career.

I read about this generic mod enabler by jonesoft, but it only mentiones 'regular' installs from Disk as far as I can see.

Anyone know how I can get it to work with the steam version. I just can't seem to get it right. I install it in the steamapps f12010 folder and make it point to that directory. The mod enabler tells me the mods are...Well...enabled :D yet they have no effect in game.

Any help is much appreciated!

As long as you have the exe and a folder named MODS in the F1 Folder it should work, I'm on steam and it's fine.
I have parent folder of the mod say AI Mod then whatever folder relevant in that be it car/tracks etc etc.
Make sure game isn't running when applying. Leave mod enabler running.

1) Install JSGME, change the shortcut to launch from F1 directory (tell you how to do this in the install instructions)
2) You should now have a MODS folder in your f1 folder, place all your mods in there. Make sure they have the correct file structure.

For example car skins will be something like /redbullHDskin/cars/rb0/livery_main/skin_high.pssg

What the mod enabler does is copy the mod files over for you and back up the originals, so you need to make sure the mods folders have the correct structure to be copied to the right place. Most mods are not JSGME ready, make sure to tweak each one individually. (The car skin mods usually come with high and low resolutions and the light mods have light and dark versions.)

3) Activate your mods and you are ready to go. Here is a screenshot of my mods

33880496.jpg

Aha, point 2 is probably where it's going wrong since the installation I did seems correct judging by what you guys said.

Thx for the help, will report back if I got it to work

Might be a good suggestion for the RDDev guys to make their mods available already adapted to the mod enabler.

I'm running with the steam version, you need to install JSGME into driveletter:\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2010\
When you run JSGME, it will ask to create a MODS directory. Any mods you want to install should go into this directory.
I.e
driveletter:\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2010\MODS\ModName

Hope this helps.

Aha, point 2 is probably where it's going wrong since the installation I did seems correct judging by what you guys said.

Thx for the help, will report back if I got it to work

Might be a good suggestion for the RDDev guys to make their mods available already adapted to the mod enabler.

Seconded!

I'm running with the steam version, you need to install JSGME into driveletter:\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2010\
When you run JSGME, it will ask to create a MODS directory. Any mods you want to install should go into this directory.
I.e
driveletter:\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2010\MODS\ModName

Hope this helps.

Nope - they're still not working for me. I even tried with a most basic mod - the one to change the intro video to The Chain music - so copied folder Chain V2 into 'MODS', activated it, and I still have the original intro video.

I've used it before with the Silent Hunter series - no problems there at all getting them to work.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 208 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%