• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Getting games to run in Sli mode

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by James Robertson, Dec 25, 2016.

1. James Robertson

James Robertson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +76
    I have just added a second Gtx 980ti to my system and would like confirmation of how to get it working in sli mode. I have all the latest Drivers and enabled Sli in the nvidia control panel.

I have downloaded the nvidia inspector program and presume it's just a case of selecting the required game from the profile inspector drop down and clicking apply.

If someone could confirm that this forces the use of Sli within the selected game it would be appreciated.

I tried f1 2016 and it certainly seems to be running smoother but I would like confirmation that I don't need to do anything else.

2. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +77
    You could check GPU utilization with a tool like MSI Afterburner by enabling the performance overlay

• Like Like x 1
  3. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +90
    Or if you already use nvidia cpl you could just enable the performance overlay from there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. James Robertson

James Robertson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +76
    For some reason I can't get the nvidia overlay to work.

I will try the MSI afterburner tool as suggested.

Thanks for the replies