Getting extremely frustrated.

Man , I don't know what's going on here. My AMS game just aint working right. My older GSCE / AMS beta is working fine , but the main install of AMS just will not work!

Been going on for 3 month for me. I don't get a chance to drive my sims more than maybe once or twice a month , and for the past three months AMS just won't work.

I'm on the steam version , and as of tonight I did a file integrity check. ( Again ) It said that 7 files were messed up and it DL'd about 9.3mb. Went to run the game....same dang thing.

I start the game up and get to the home screen , pick my car , track and practice , push start and it gets to the main screen with the small window on the side ( my cockpit ).....but the cockpit view is totally screwed up ( pointing off to the right ) and then it just freezes. I have to do the ctrl/alt/del just to exit the game.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on? I have all the same mods installed on both beta and the AMS version....but the AMS version won't work.

I had the exact same problem. What worked for me (I am doing this from memory as not in front of my gaming pc) was to delete the file d3d9.dll from the main game folder (keep a back-up though) and also I unchecked a box on the configuration set-up menu (cannot recall exactly which one from memory) which I think allowed the game to run its own graphical settings independent of the Nvidia control panel. I will check for you when I get home tonight and let you know which one. I had almost given up on playing Automobilista as it was continuously crashing & freezing but this fixed it for me. It runs perfectly for me now without a hitch. From a horror show to peace and tranquility. I'm on windows 7 64 bit and run a GTX 760 graphics card by the way..

p.s. from memory I think it might have been turning Sweet FX off completely in the graphics configuration setting that did it. With Sweet FX on it crashed constantly. With it turned off it loads tracks successfully and runs smoothly for me. I think that's what it was..but I will double-check for you when I get home..

I start the game up and get to the home screen , pick my car , track and practice , push start and it gets to the main screen with the small window on the side ( my cockpit ).....but the cockpit view is totally screwed up ( pointing off to the right ) and then it just freezes. I have to do the ctrl/alt/del just to exit the game.

You just pin-pointed the problem. Nothing to do with profiles or graphics or HUDs based on the fact that your are getting all the way to the garage screen prior to hopping in the car without a problem. You have a controller input somewhere that is likely strobing and causing the distorted cockpit view and disrupting the game. Try unplugging ALL controllers and running the game. You'll only have keyboard input, but it will prove whether or not this is the issue.

Reset the controllers in that UI as well, before you try to enter the cockpit. Delete the controller profile that is in use. Delete the controller.ini file (from your AMS folders in Documents or My Documents).

Thank you for all your help guys!! I think I may have found the culprit , but not sure exactly how to fix it yet.

The advice towards starting up the game with none of my controllers plugged in worked , and I was able to get past the garage , start up behind the wheel and the view was exactly how it was suppose to be. I shut it down , and plugged in my pedals ( HPP prx 2 pedal set ) , re-fired the game up again and it worked perfectly again. I then shut it down and plugged in my wheel ( Fanatec V2 club sport )....and it then messed the game up.

Thinking maybe I need to delete the hardware profile for this wheel and reset it back up? Not sure what steps to take on this , as I've never had an issue until now. Well....the last 3 months actually , but I had no idea it was my wheel.

Any advice on how to move forward would be greatly appreciated. And thanks again guys!

Thank you for all your help guys!! I think I may have found the culprit , but not sure exactly how to fix it yet.

The advice towards starting up the game with none of my controllers plugged in worked , and I was able to get past the garage , start up behind the wheel and the view was exactly how it was suppose to be. I shut it down , and plugged in my pedals ( HPP prx 2 pedal set ) , re-fired the game up again and it worked perfectly again. I then shut it down and plugged in my wheel ( Fanatec V2 club sport )....and it then messed the game up.

Thinking maybe I need to delete the hardware profile for this wheel and reset it back up? Not sure what steps to take on this , as I've never had an issue until now. Well....the last 3 months actually , but I had no idea it was my wheel.

Any advice on how to move forward would be greatly appreciated. And thanks again guys!

You're welcome.

Did you do what I suggested above and delete the controller.ini file (plus any custom ones you created) from your Documents folder? That will force the creation of a new controller profile at which point you can set your up properly.

You're welcome.

Did you do what I suggested above and delete the controller.ini file (plus any custom ones you created) from your Documents folder? That will force the creation of a new controller profile at which point you can set your up properly.

Thanks Marc. I don't seem to have that in my documents. I'm running 3 separate drives here , so it may of stored it in a different location. Is this file usually stored in " my documents " or is it in the root AMS file?

If you run AMS as admin, files are stored in the AMS folder (in userdata folder). If not, your userdata folder will be stored in your "my document" folder.

I see a bunch of files called Controller settings , and then also a bunch of files with certain setups I guess already pre-configured for like the CSW , Logitech , Thrustmaster ect....

Just can't find the actual file " controller.ini " file.

Hey guys....I think I have the problem solved. I ended up deleting my PLR file and the entire controller folder. Did a file integrity check through steam , which found 40 bad files. All got re-downloaded , installed and it seems to of worked.

I think I may of had a corrupted controller file to begin with , as the dash lights on my wheel never seemed to of worked very well ( or at all sometimes ). I made a mistake yesterday when I said my pedals were working.....they weren't. It didn't crash the game like my wheel would , but they would not register at all either. Both wheel and pedals are working great now.

Side note : now that I've finally been able to sit down and enjoy AMS , there are some new goodies I know nothing about ( been a really busy summer! ).....like the custom season tool ! Have no idea how to use it yet , but I'll get it figured out.

Thank youguys for all your help!

i have messed my ini's up a couple of times now, one thing i do is take a copy of my working one and keep it safe, you never know when you might need it, now its a simple delete the old one and a quick copy paste and im good to go again with my setting already done. :)

i have messed my ini's up a couple of times now, one thing i do is take a copy of my working one and keep it safe, you never know when you might need it, now its a simple delete the old one and a quick copy paste and im good to go again with my setting already done. :)

Agree, and this includes the all-important Realfeel.ini in the main AMS folder. It gets overridden with most major updates and all of your custom FFB settings are then lost.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%