F1 2011 Getting back into it

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys, I've just pulled my ps3 and wheel out of the cupboard after not playing it since this game came out pretty much, any way since the latest patch i seem to be struggling heaps, i use to play with out any assists but now struggle to get a full lap with out loosing it. have they changed the way the cars handle in one of the patches or something? because i don't remember the game being like this :|

Yes Blake-Lee they did.
Pre patch the car was glued to the road and spring and ARB settings of 11/11 pretty much were an exploit.
Most tracks are a couple of second slower.
BUT, the game is much better, more realistic.
You will need to watch your throttle control more and you will find the car a bit oversteery.
Start off with rear wing 2 clicks higher than front and rear suspension a little softer.
I have a setup here for Turkey to get you started:
Aero 8/9
Brakes 45/55 High/Small
Ride height 1/1
ARBs 6/9
Springs 9/6
Canber -3.3/-1.3
Toes in 1.12/0.18.
Gears Ill leave to you.

its worth the effort. great racing

EDIT PS to Bram, you might recall all the anguish about the 11/11 exploit on Springs and ARBs. league had to set limits etc.
Post patch the car responded much more realistically to setup. EG Slightly softer rear to decrease throttle oversteer. Whereas before you just went 11/11 on springs and ARB and it became a slot car.
I llook back at our league pre quai times from Japan and we are -2.5 2 sec slower now

Yea your not wrong about the rust bram, and i never knew about the 11/11 thing, haha I'm sure ill get use to it again, it just feels weird jumping back into a game because I've been involved with real motorsport in the last year and its weird not being able to feel what the car is actually doing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 285 13.4%