1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Getting a new system for rfactor.

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by nab2488, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have wanted rfactor for a while but my system wouldn't support it. Now I have the extra money and I am getting a system that is just above the runs best with recomendations that is on the website. I have a few questions about rfactor that I would like to know.

When is the possible release date for rfactor 2?

When rfactor 2 does come out do you think moders will still make mods for the original rfactor?

If they won't would the requirements for 2 be similar to the original?

In rfactor do all the cars work on all the tracks? Such as can I run a F1 car on the indy oval? Or a legend car at daytona or spa? Or is it that only certain mods work on certain tracks?

I am really looking forward to playing this game. I have only heard great things about it. I just want to know whether I need to make sure I get an updated system in prep for rfactor 2 or if what I am currently getting might work.

2. I would assume rFactor 2 shouldn't be much harder on your system than rF1. rFactor 1 is very easy on my system. I say if you have about $500 and spend it the right way, you could have a system like mine that runs the game at max settings, anyway from 60 to 250 frames per second.

Also to answer your other question: You can use any car with any track.

3. Wow thanks for the quick reply. I am making a custom pc I will post the specs on what I am looking at and tomorrow maybe ya'll can compare what I am getting to what you guys use. If RF2 has similar specs to RF1 then I will go ahead and get RF1 and get RF2 when it comes out.

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

That is, to me, a really big assumption.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to wait until the specs for rF2 are firmed up, but YMMV.

5. Posted in the other thread but I'll put this here too. If it is a problem mods please delete.

Building a new PC so I can play rfactor and I am curious if you guys think this will be enough to possibly run rfactor 2?

HD: Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

Memory: CORSAIR Dominator 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-8500C5D

ASUS P5QL PRO LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

MSI N9400GT-MD512H GeForce 9400 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Video Card

RAIDMAX Mustang ATX-889WUP Blue Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply

I am thinking I might need a stronger power supply and a better video card to make sure it is up to whatever Rfactor 2 comes out with. What do you guys think? Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.