1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Get VMANS GE To BTB Tutorials Here

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by James Capper, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Just got through posting Vmans tutorials hope you find them handy just click on the link below
    but I should tell you it's over 500 MB's so someone with a slow connection it could take a while.........:cool:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=79BPHPCB

2. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Without having to download 500mb to find out, does this tutorial show the way to get height data into BTB from GE using 3DRouteBuilder?

3. It does go into elevation / height data but at the time of it's conception I don't think vman even considered 3DRoutebuilder... but for laying out routes for main track and pits It is a must have because it gets pit entrances and exits level and inline with your tracks
    with just a little tweaking at build time. although I havn't seen them myself for a long time I think that's it in a nutshell but, vman would be the one to ask I'm sure that since it's conception he's learnt a few more tricks since then...hope this helps your decision?

4. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Will this work with Google Maps? As for some strange reason, the perfectly working GE 5 updated itself, and will not work ANYMORE. The important word is in caps. I have tried multiple uninstalls and reinstalls, but to no avail.
    "Google Earth has encountered a problem and needs to close." Very similar to Microsoft's error report, but a Yes or No to whether I want to send an error report.
    Windows XP, SP3.

5. Problem: I have just sound, no picture on the videos. What kind of codec did you use to make the videos? Thanks!

6. The zip contains another zip with has a codec .exe file. Use that.

7. I just so happen to have a mirror of this stuff here -

http://www.allak.co.uk/BTB/

Unfortunately I'm not a regular here anymore, no time for track building these days :(
    So apologies for the delay in posting this, I uploaded it quite a while ago when RSC died.
    I'm happy to leave it on my server, but maybe it would be better uploaded to racedepartment?

8. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

sadly the codec doesn't work. get a: VLC doesn't support the "SCLS" audio- or videoformat. Sadly there is no sollution. ( i translated the error. Original error: VLC ondersteunt het "SCLS" audio- of videoformaat niet. Helaas kunt u dit niet oplossen.)

9. Install the msu-sc-codec1.2.exe in GE to BTB Tool Kit then it works
    with windows media player and also Irfanview.
    Before I tried also with WMP, VLC, DivX+, Creative Media Source 5 and IrfanView with no luck.

Great content btw.

10. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I will post this again:
    Will this work with Google Maps? As for some strange reason, the perfectly working GE 5 updated itself, and will not work ANYMORE. The important word is in caps. I have tried multiple uninstalls and reinstalls, but to no avail.
    "Google Earth has encountered a problem and needs to close." Very similar to Microsoft's error report, but a Yes or No to whether I want to send an error report.
    Windows XP, SP3.