GeneRally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, just as we are all virgins on this:

1. You can practice 'offline' as much as you want, but there's only a 1-shot race 'online'?
2. Can we 'practice' the save-game procedure without sending or will this corrupt data? (I mastered the printscreen-button, so no worries there :) )
3. Is the end-score calculated on the total time?

(I expect 3 x yes, but just to be sure)

btw: login test page was visible

Is it Impossible ?

There are hundreds of fans and dozens of modders of GeneRally out there. But there is not even a single mod to add "multiplayer" element to the game. Why ? Is it impossible ? :confused:

Only a few people have ever tried to really do anything to the .exe ... there was going to be an effort recently, but then one of the developers was contacted and he said he'd do something with the game...

1. Yes-how would they stop you? ;) Practice is encouraged!
2. It depends on the competition-some have a "practice round"-you should ask whoever's running the one you're talking about (GRC?). But in general, the point of a login system is that you can only login once, so don't do it until you're sure!
3. In "race" competitions like GRC, people are ranked on race time-there are "hotlap" competitions, where it's the best single lap, but GRC isn't one of them

RaceDepartment.com GeneRally Team
Next Round Preview (GRC)

Darren_Heath_web_01.jpg

Round 04
Event Yas Marina Rookie GP
Date 07.01.2010 - 13.01.2010
Track Yas Marina South
Track Length 430m
Login Time for the Race 9 Minutes

Official Team Livery FR/13 Monster
Team Members (nickname)
1. Kris Leeten (Kris)
2. Resi Respati (resir014)
3. Omer Said (Omer)

Track Map
YasMarinaSouth.png

There are hundreds of fans and dozens of modders of GeneRally out there. But there is not even a single mod to add \"multiplayer\" element to the game. Why ? Is it impossible ? :confused:

Basically, the game itself is not "moddable", you can "just" add tracks, cars, sounds packs, palettes and other stuff, but I don't think it is not possible to modify the game itself (to add an online multiplayer mode for example)

Now the current situation is as bduddy said, after long years, Rabinas brothers were contacted, and there are now in touch with the former RSC mods in order to continue the development of this game. But I don't think the game will become open source or something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back