General Thread for Multiplayer Success/Fail/Report comments and achievements

Óscar Melero

Foxtochop
I've never seen here a thread for feeling happiness or sadness about our achievements or victories on R3E Multiplayer. Also, any thread about reporting drivers neither...

How was your race? You made they bit the dust a little bit, or they were faster than you? Their times? Your times? Anyone wrecked you so much that you had to rage-quit?

I thought it can be nice to comment our experiences out there in this thread.

After more and more pros are competing in the leaderboards it was a great event and pleasure that Timo Glock joined the DTM MP yesterday evening until midnight. Although it seemed to make some people more nervous than usual (had not any clean race) and the behaviour of some was a bit embarrassing it made a lot of fun and was interesting to watch him driving e.g. which lines he chose. I was positively surprised that he was so competitve in the virtual world and had very fast laptimes. Hope we can meet more often such fair and real pros like him in raceroom.

I happened in on this race out of luck and at the last minute. I just assumed someone had taken his name who wasn't him, lol

I was one of the slower drivers, but a couple people were a bit ooc. I was taken out a couple of times, so I was always fighting from behind. Someone hit me later on in the race and at the time it was a wtf moment, but when I looked on replay it was not as bad. He was nice and let me regain my position...but it took forever since I flipped about a few times and slid.

I do have a question on that incident. I am not sure what should have happened. I am new, so just trying to figure this out. The driver passed me on turn 5, but ran very,very wide off the track. I then passed him and assumed he would be behind me, and let me take the lead back, would that be proper? Then on the next corner I took it as I normally would not realizing the he was on the inside of me. I guess in my head I thought since he was so far off track, he should yield to me as I regained the lead. but on the replay, it looks like I am at fault, which I think I am, unless he should have yielded it to me for that turn and took the fight up after normal positions were restored?

Last edited:
Been online 4 times...won one wtcc at hungaroring, got shafted twice, and one really messy gt3 race, so I left that one...

But I only see between 3 and 20 people on..very low numbers...so where is everyone?

I joined again DTM14 and especially at the beginning people were very excited...crazy... Best race for me was the first when I joined in the last seconds and had to start from the back because nobody could spin me out. But the rest of the evening I asked myself why i did qualifiying. Starting from 2nd and 3rd row I think there was not any race where I survived the first round/corner without that sb pushed me out from behind. It was an used evening but a nice qualifying competition. Btw I tried at the end a race without the glamour factor and started from the pole...first corner and *bamm*. I think I have to work on my defending techniques.:ninja:

I joined again DTM14 and especially at the beginning people were very excited...crazy... Best race for me was the first when I joined in the last seconds and had to start from the back because nobody could spin me out. But the rest of the evening I asked myself why i did qualifiying. Starting from 2nd and 3rd row I think there was not any race where I survived the first round/corner without that sb pushed me out from behind. It was an used evening but a nice qualifying competition. Btw I tried at the end a race without the glamour factor and started from the pole...first corner and *bamm*. I think I have to work on my defending techniques.:ninja:

Ive had a lot of races like that, where if you do qualify, you got that extra pressure of starting from the front, but most of the pressure is not if you will be passed but if you will get rammed, haha. Majority of the time I will start from back and take it easy and work my way up, nowhere to go but up at that point. Practice overtaking skills then defending in the end,

Then on the next corner I took it as I normally would not realizing the he was on the inside of me. I guess in my head I thought since he was so far off track, he should yield to me as I regained the lead. but on the replay, it looks like I am at fault, which I think I am, unless he should have yielded it to me for that turn and took the fight up after normal positions were restored?
I could remember your name as i passed you on Hockenheim Ring and checked the replay. It's hard to say but he was off the track, came back and to avoid a contact he went onto the grass on the next right and lost the car a bit and crashed you. In my opinion he had to take more care when coming back to the track. I would do so. What is interesting that the same guy took me out in the first round in the hairpin. I started from 3rd and was already at the 100m sign as he still was at 200m. I think there is no more comment necessary. But that's the reason why I passed you ;)

Ive had a lot of races like that, where if you do qualify, you got that extra pressure of starting from the front, but most of the pressure is not if you will be passed but if you will get rammed, haha. Majority of the time I will start from back and take it easy and work my way up, nowhere to go but up at that point. Practice overtaking skills then defending in the end,
I agree but it can be very hard to close the gap to players with similar speed with whom you can have very exciting races. I mean especially the 8 or 10min races. Fortunately I also had a lot of nice fair and close races where others take care. But it's really more the pressure if you will get rammed in the first corners or not.

I qualify last most of the time so I am at the back, not intentionally :) . Then I start poorly and in slow motion so anyone behind me shoots by. After the first 3 turns I find myself halfway up the pack bc everyone else was cleared out, lol. Then they clear me out and I am last again....rinse and repeat :)

It is pretty cool to see the whole grid filled in those races. It means I might find someone slow enough for me to race with lol.

Were you in the green bmw?

I did the Hungaroring race...I was pretty terrible in it. Never raced DTM there before....or that I could remember. I was cleared out of that one, but I may have braked a touch early on a turn, but I thought the guy had enough room room to either brake or get around me...no harm or foul. :) I am slower than the rest so I know I am less predictable, but once I know the guy behind me is a lot faster I usually yield to him.

Then my dog went crazy half way through the race so I had to leave. He sort of saved me anymore embarrassment, so maybe that was why he was acting so crazy :D

Its just for me , its public server racing , skills vary and there are no strict promises or rules agreed too at the beginning , some people are quick but cant race , some people dont use mirrors , hardware failures;talent failures, red mist etc etc ..; it happens , no one dies , you dont lose points or the championship etc ...
This should be explained to those idiots who cause accidents constantly, collision, sidewall impact to not allow overtaking, incidents at the first corner, always volunteers .. sometimes happen to stand behind an idiot much slower, but for respect, expects, until there is an opportunity to overtake; and of course immediately after, as a thank you, he throws you off track .. and then come out from the server..
I just want to have a bit of fun, but my races in R3E become survival battles that have nothing to do with the races .. I'm really disgusted by the public servers, especially with the DTM 92, which I like very much, you can't make a decent race .. I start with good intentions every time, and behold, that already at the start of the race, there's the idiot who ramming from behind in an attempt to make you lose control of the car .. that's my experience online, very bad at the moment, and sure not funny

Just had a ADAC 2014 race @ Hockenheim. Qualified 5th out of 17 other drivers (18 drivers total). Good start, I keep always defensive on the inside. I lose control on turn 2. Then I'm 17th.

I freaking push with all I've got, I finish 8th.

I will never get tired of telling: do NOT rage-quit. Push push push!!!:D

I had a race against a world famous crasher/wrecker yesterday; just me and him/her. This driver rammed me off the track in the first corner; but...pulled over and waited until I`d passed and then eventually overtook me and won. Cleanly.:)

Yesterday I had a wonderful "Duett" with just another DTM 13 driver on the thrilling but most underrated R3E Track = Mid-Ohio - which brings me to the point: Many drivers are so conservative sticking to the usual reign of Hockenheim, Zandvoort, Red Bull Ring, with almost the same series .
But yesterday there were also some M1 guys on the road (Nuerburgring 30 Min endurance) and I had a very thrilling race with ADAC 14 @ Oschers I actually don`t know quiet well (just own the McLaren) but thx to my DTM skills I could adapt fast...(ADAC 14 is really a blast btw. - at least the McLaren). ADAC, WTCC, DTM 92 (and eventually DTM13/14 after month of online chaos due to easy handling combined with surprisingly powerful performance) seem to have a fine pool of good fair drivers - no matter if pro or rookie.And if you`re really lucky you can catch a G5 Session taming a Capri or BMW. But while I actually would expect these cars would be highly frequented online, it seems many just simply don`t dare to give it shot more often (??)...What about 40 mins racing with Chevy Protos ? The cars are great to drive on their US-Hometracks ;).
I sometimes have the impression many are on the road not 4 getting fun for everyone but just to make themselves shine (which is actually really pathetic hence this is actually "just a video game"- but maybe some might need a reality check in very different areas of their lives than taking gaming as a reference for some life achievments)
And yes there are many very good pilots around. One guy with a slawian name I often met and who is Alien-fast in nearly every series is a perfect example. He always starts back cause he marches through the grid anyway and when he does he always exactly uses the right spot to get you, with patience and serenity smooth like silk . Thats the kind of folks I wanna see online - its all about the learning curve.No matter if rookie or pro.

Many thx to the serious ones for many hours of fun. **** happens. Accidents too ;)

Many thx to the serious ones for many hours of fun. **** happens. Accidents too ;)
Sometimes from the comments regarding sim racing you`d think that crashes don`t happen in the irl motorsports, when in fact, nothing could be further from the truth.
In any - real life - series, whether it be ADAC, WTCC or whatever, the races appear to be no-holds-barred, full-contact affairs, with crashes galore. And it`s not just the occasional race either; they all seem to have their share of paint-scratching aggression, if not complete mayhem, which is why I personally prefer GT/Touring Car racing to F1, which is a little too clinical for me...:geek:

Thats the kind of folks I wanna see online - its all about the learning curve.No matter if rookie or pro.
These kinds of people want to see everything, but often the opposite is true, especially at the start of the race in the first corner. I do not understand the position of those who try by any means to squeeze into the first corner, creating an emergency situation. If you're a slow and inexperienced, how would you not tried to win from the start, your place at the finish line is predetermined, you will, in any case, faster and more experienced. So why make the chaos at the start of the race? Have fun not only of the result at the finish, but also from the process of adequate control. This is really a great pleasure when on the track equal on speed and experience of the pilot. Try to pass it as great art is pure and defend themselves. Here you need to be really patient, not a lot of cool, feel and respect the opponent.

Online rubber lacks realism, when aggressive settings auto lead to overheating and a more rapid wear of the tyres. Evidence of the BMW M1 Procar. Session of 30 minutes, wear of the rubber is included, but the drop rate leaders not palpable. Seems to be a repeat, machines at leaders are aggressively. It is an integral part of the tactical component of the Simulator and not only.

Maybe I'm wrong about the overheating and wear rubber, but eventually will need to run an online session with the wear of rubber and of 20-30 minutes

Last edited:
Been online 4 times...won one wtcc at hungaroring, got shafted twice, and one really messy gt3 race, so I left that one...

But I only see between 3 and 20 people on..very low numbers...so where is everyone?
I've checked into the MP servers at various different times over the weekend and I definitely see a trend of fewer and fewer players, and none at all in the 3 'Experience' servers. The most I've seen online is 20 and half of those were F2Pers in the Amateur games.

I've checked into the MP servers at various different times over the weekend and I definitely see a trend of fewer and fewer players, and none at all in the 3 'Experience' servers. The most I've seen online is 20 and half of those were F2Pers in the Amateur games.

hmm, i've joined a few races today and there where a bit more players online. I think there were about 45 - 55 Players spread over the different Series and Difficulty-Levels. I Recognize more Amateur-Sessions, but maybe its just because there are more Servers with Amateur-Mode - haven't checked it..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back