F1 2011 Gearing Mod?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Gang

Does anyone know if there has been or is a mod that can change the gearing range. There are many tracks that i would like to make 1st gear lower than the range i am given to choose from.

Cheers

F1A

Hey,

you don't need a gearing mod to do that. It is already built in. When you're in the garage enter the monitor and navigate to the setup page (furthest to the right). Here you can adjust aerodynamics, balance etc. and also manage your gears. You'll be able to change the range as you please and you can save/load your individual setups.

Happy tuning ;)

Hi guys

My personal preference is for a lower first gearing than we can choose from on some of the tracks, would just like a bit more freedom to tweak this to my own personal preference. Any ideas anyone?

Dave, cmon, other guys are working miracles, changing ai etc, would have thought a few tweaks to something that is as stagnant as gear ratios would be simpler than changing ai speed and car lod levels etc, not that i would have a clue about any of it though!:D

Its not as easy mod as changing AI values.

There are all sorts of things linked to the gearing ratios - think about it.
And dont forget the actual graphic in the garage that would need a cosmetic mod too.

Surely if you are running 1st gear at the current minimum level, you must be in 1st gear for about 1 second anyway - I honestly cannot see a benefit to want it any shorter regardless of what your personal preference is - unless your personal preference is to be slower, spin the wheels and cause more engine damage. :D

Time to move on :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing