• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Gear shifter

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by jimortality, May 4, 2017.

1. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +942
    How come in the controller profile, the gear shifter always seems to take priority over my wheel. IDO 0 is keyboard, ID1 is shifter and ID2 is wheel. Even if I plug my wheel in first, it still remains in the same order.

2. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,630
    Might be based on the USB port it's plugged in?

• Like Like x 1
  3. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +942
    That doesn't seem to make any difference.

4. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +443
    This is an irritant! It's not just R3E that's affected by the Windows ID assignments. Once you get the controllers in the right order, don't switch USB ports. I've had to connect my TH8a shifter to an external USB hub to assure that it's always the second controller, the first being my wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Sercombe

Chris Sercombe

Ratings:
    +20
    Can i ask, why it matters if wheel is on 1st or 2nd controller ?

6. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +942
    Because it makes the shifter the main controller profile.

7. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +443
    Functions in the game are mapped to JOY1 (USB IDx), JOY2 (USB IDy), etc.. If JOY1 is the wheel, and you map the appropriate buttons, but then JOY1 has changed to your shifter (wheel now JOY2) then the mapping is wrong.

8. Chris Sercombe

Chris Sercombe

Ratings:
    +20
    Ah i see guys, so is it best to leave wheel/gearstick always connected to there usb ports.

9. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +103
    I always leave those plugged, even my gamepad, b/c I am paranoid that for some games "joystick 1" will become "joystick 0" if I unplug something...

10. Chris Sercombe

Chris Sercombe

Ratings:
    +20
    i think i remember in windows xp, in control panel you could force controllers to joystick 1(1st controller) or joystick 2(2nd controller) etc, or something like that, not sure in windows 10.

11. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +443
    Yeah, I've looked for something like that in Windows 7 and 10 but didn't find a solution. Sure would make like easier.

12. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,244
    If you're using a Logitech wheel you can use the profiler to force it to ID 1. It doesn't always work though as many times I've started a sim forgetting to unplug my XBox controller first, and found no controls work until I unplug/restart.

13. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +942
    I'm using T300 wheel but I think I've found the nice usb as it's made the wheel ID1 all day.

• Like Like x 1