1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Gear ratio

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Gopher04, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Anyone else finding 2nd gear a waste of time, you don't seem to be able to change the ratio neither.

2. yes, the truck start in 3rd gear and normally I use the last 3 gears

3. Yes, I use 2nd to start out and normally drive using 3rd through 6th. Increasing the overall gear ratio to run more RPM's helps too.

4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

In the real trucks, they actually take the 1st gear off, and the 2nd is solely for taxing around the pits. Having both with equal ratios is how we emulated that in the current build.

Once up to speed, you should never go below 3rd. In fact it´s common for some trucks in some tracks to use only 5th/6th.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Cool..cheers for the knowledge..;)

6. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

What sort of shifter do these trucks use? Gated or sequential? I am driving them with a gated shifter, no clutch and h&t. Is that realistic? Do they use the clutch?

Edit: I should have said "no auto clutch"

7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

Gated:

8. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Impressive. Not only looks like the truck behaves just like in RL, but the gears are identical. I use exactly the same gearing in that turn. Makes you feel good to get that close to reality. I couldn't see his foot, but it's a good guess he was clutching it. I'll continue driving it as I have been doing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. yep, in the "Esse" he changes gear directly from 6th to 4th, we can also understand, more or less, if our steering lock is correct

10. remember...
    http://www.richardjackett.com/grindingtranny :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Randy Chamberlin

Randy Chamberlin
    Premium Member

Totally agree. Reiza sure has done it right for sure. Great work Reiza. :)

12. yep, I am at the 2nd race of champ, Jacarepagua, with a FC and I use only 5th and 6th. I like so much drive these monsters of torque and sound is fantastic.
    why this useless post? Ah yes, a pretext for say again "thanks", as GSC, an important step in race simulators world

13. I asked Mildrew to give them a shot, after all does anyone has good ini settings to go in hand with the trucks ? Not sure what tolerance values might be appropiate to maintain a realistic occurence. Anyone can share what seems reasonable, please :)

14. .delete ".txt" offcourse

Attached Files:

15. Are these like the Australian and European series that are limited to 160km/h.

I tried to do this by changing the final ratio settings but because i was using the limiter in 6th all the time i quickly spiked my water and oil temps.

After playing with the base radiator settings i got it better but my oil was still high, but the water was cold, so i just went back to default.

16. no, in real there is a speed radar at 160 only in the main straight, but in the game is not implemented

17. Do these trucks use any form of traction control?
    Im running with all aids off against 108%-110% ai and im usually mid-field or so,i know id be faster with TC but i prefer to run with whatever the real drivers do.

18. This is exactly what I'm wondering.
    Any reply to this question?

Thank you

19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

No driving aids in the real trucks :)