Gear Ratio Display

Apps Gear Ratio Display 1.0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
adam10603 submitted a new resource:

Gear Ratio Display - A UI widget that visualizes gear ratios on the setup screen.

WgYrcdV.png

Gear Ratio Display

CSP 0.2.0+ | Drag & drop to install!

This is a simple UI app to visualize gear ratios on the setup screen.

It can show both metric or imperial units for speed, and also has an option to show the ideal shifting points based on the engine's power curve.

Installation:

This mod...

Read more about this resource...

If you are using the Setup Exchange, the Gear Ratios app will be on top of it at first. But the good thing is that you can MOVE and RESIZE those extra windows in the garage screen. I think this is the right location for this one.
GearRatios.png

edit: nevermind

Last edited:
anything changes when shift points are selected
I just saw that earlier, and was asking myself the same thing. Actually apart from the mouseover tooltip saying it is 'only available with cars with no MGU-K', this is how it works.
If the car's engine has a significant drop in power before the limiter, then it will logically show that better shifting points are somewhat before the limiter. If the car has a flat power curve or a constant power rise towards the limiter, then of course it will not show better shifting points before the limiter. Here are the differences.
GearRatios2.png

anything changes when shift points are selected

That means that shifting right at the limiter is ideal in that car, and that's already what the graph shows by default, so theres no change. So far the most noticeable car I found was the 488 GT3, since it makes peak power much earlier.
Maybe I'll make the shifting points show up in a more obvious way in the future though.

Last edited:
I just saw that earlier, and was asking myself the same thing. Actually apart from the mouseover tooltip saying it is 'only available with cars with no MGU-K', this is how it works.
If the car's engine has a significant drop in power before the limiter, then it will logically show that better shifting points are somewhat before the limiter. If the car has a flat power curve or a constant power rise towards the limiter, then of course it will not show better shifting points before the limiter. Here are the differences.View attachment 734890

Btw the limitation with MGU-K cars is because the script needs to know the engine's power curve to calculate the shifting points, but the MGU-K in AC gets very complex. It can add different amounts of torque depending on factors like the current gear, speed, throttle position, mode etc. so it's hard to predict the final power curve. Not impossible, I just haven't had the time to make the script calculate all of that.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea