gauging interest in 'the not normal club'

A

Andrew Evans

• Andrew Evans

ay oop... let me start by saying this has absolutely nothing to do with serious racing... so stop reading now if that's a turn off... :D

after rF got its backwards-racing thing on the other month, i figured i'd work on my long standing desire to port a couple of fun formats from my pgr2omgconsoleracer days... (didn't think there was really a place for this kinda thing before then)

not sure of the exact structure yet, but the test evening would include trying out the following three event types:

cat & mouse

peoples are split into/organize themselves into teams of 4 drivers... one person is the mouse (mini) the other three are cats (ccgt) in colour coded skins - eg. red team, green team etc...

take to the nords... mice are given a head start, ~45 secs, then the cats set off... first mouse to cross the finish is the winner... cats objective is to do everything possible to ensure their mouse wins... eg. taking out opposing teams mouse, cats... pushing their mouse along the straights... defending their mouse... etc... obviously damage is turned off...

last man standing

very short races - ~3 laps of something small (magny club etc)... everyone starts out in the same car (mini)... at the end of each race the last person is "eliminated"... this means, for the next race they change to something fast and heavy (ccgt)... eliminated peoples then aim to disrupt the race for the remaining drivers... field reduces until there's only 3 people left in a mini (the rest being in ccgt)... last race decides the finishing positions for that event... again, damage off...

destruction derby

similar vein to the stuff that happened in rF... except there's no race or rules to be bothering about... literally a fight to the death, until 1 person remains... am probably gonna knock up some quick/dirty/basic figure 8 track - called Boodschappies Arena :becky: - which can be developed if the format is worth repeating...

so, those are the basic ideas i've been thinking about... i'd like to try them before i do much else - and they'll probably evolve as/if we test them...

couple of other points:

am thinking this would/should support up to 16 participants...

teamspeak usage is mandatory - the whole idea is its a social experience (much like cold laps)... plus, info is easily and quickly conveyed via ts - and am guessing things will need to be explained...

cars aren't fixed on those above... but may well be those for the test...

am gonna stick a poll on here to find out if it's worth setting up (doing any more work on)... bear in mind it's public, so i can see who's voted... voting yes is as good as signing up - so don't do it unless you mean it...

uuuuh, that's about it... shout up if you've any comments etc... :tits:

I literally JUST installed GTR Evolution (Amazon was way off on shipping estimate) so definitely count me in. I remember playing TOCA 3 a couple years ago; we would one of the muscle cars and go to the oval dirt track and the first team to complete 10 laps wins. There were 2 teams of 4, and pretty much as soon as the green flag dropped, 6 guys would turn around and start driving backwards and try to take out whoever the other team picked to make the 10 laps. It was a BLAST!

EDIT: can someone link me to a guide for setting up teamspeak? Thanks :)

Although I love the idea, my english isn't that good so I can speak in TS as fast as the events require... I don't think anyone would understand me... :D
So I don't think I'm eligible for this... And another thing is when the events are gonna start, because I have a little baby hare at home and I can't yell or laugh too loud here. :D

• Andrew Evans

i've no idea about days/times yet - though would imagine the usual 19:00 GMT start as with pretty much all my eventoes....

the voting thing was to make sure people are serious about wanting to do this - 60 yes votes for the return of gtr2 and then 4 people signing up springs to mind - so i didn't want to do a load of prep for this and have it be a total waste of time...

but there's enough positive response here for me to start putting something concrete together.... cheers geezers! :good:

• Andrew Evans

Although I love the idea, my english isn't that good so I can speak in TS as fast as the events require... I don't think anyone would understand me... :D

obviously having most people chatting adds to the atmosphere - but i understand there may be a couple of people who can't jump right in with that... as with cold laps, one or two listeners would be fine as well, as long as the majority were participating :nod:

however, not being able to listen to ts would be a no-no... as it would be totally run via voice.... :wink:

Andrew,
I'm a pretty good english listener, but when I think that sometimes I can't even understand my fellow brazilians in TS I get a little worried. :) Maybe I can try it sometime to sse if I can handle.
But as I said before, it's a great idea!!!
Thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back