1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Sailor

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tunaphis, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Hello all from the Sunshine Coast of Queensland,As the title suggests I live on my boat (393 Beneteau) and have just swapped from console to PC which lead me to this great site.At 49 I still play everyday,mostly Dirt Rally on a new AW15 laptop connected to a 32" tv using a PS3 controller via Mayflash pc adapter.So if your over at steam feel free to send a friends request.

tunaphis and chuck the cat.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Sounds like you got the lifestyle sorted :whistling: , now just throw the controller over board an get a wheel soon as :)
  3. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff Premium Member

Welcome to RD!

At the time we don't have any water mods for games we host races, but for when there is one (you never know:laugh:) I'm sure we've already got an expert here!

As you like Dirt Rally be sure to check out our section here:

And maybe you can join one of our events too!

You don't have to be premium to join the rally events!
    If you have more questions about it I'm sure @Ole Marius Myrvold can help you out better than me to get you onboard!

See you on the black carpet:D Dirt!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Hah! :) The last simracing I knew that lived on a boat ship, he ended up building his own computer... On the wall to get better cooling, and also have a server room there!

But indeed, feel free to join us in the DiRTy area of RD, @Matheus Machado have already provided you with many links, but you will also need to join our RaceNet league, to get the rallies available in the game. https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/1541/racedepartment

DiRTy questions are welcomed over at the DiRTy forum, no question is stupid, some answers might be though, ignore them :x3:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Ahoy matey and welcome aboard the good ship Race Department:).
    Hope you had a great Christmas and enjoy a Happy New Year here.
    If you ever fancy getting off the dirt and onto tarmac then make sure you check out the various race clubs onboard.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the welcome,lot more adults it seems on pc than console.As for the controller,I seriously considered removing the table and lounge to fit a cockpit but as I sail 6 months of the year it was impractical,maybe a custom takedown one in the future for the cat to sleep in.Get all my skins here,some very talented people.
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Apart from the high end wheels they all come with clamping brackets, so you won't really need a cockpit.
  8. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Welcome mate!

Hope you enjoy your stay here at RD fella, it's a great community and brilliant place to go racing :)

Give any of us a shout if you need any help and hopefully we will see you out on track with us very soon :)

Welcome and enjoy
    • Love Love x 1