Gamescom: Assetto Corsa Hands-On

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to know why and what does this, because the camera would have to pick up the movements of the wheel on screen with a slight delay then your own wheel movements.
I believe you don´t worry, i can see it myself in the video but it doesn´t make sense to me how it can be :)
Hopefully someone knows the science behind this phenomenon.
Maybe the refreshrate of the monitor is higher than the camera.

Every game has some lag. There's a greater-zero time for the signal to go from your hand, throught the sytem and back out to the monitor. What matters is if that Total Lag disconnects you from the game and impairs drievability. Sounds like the answer is No based on the subjective feedback in the "Physics" section in the article above.

Is the pre-alpha remark supposed to be a little hint? :giggle:
The CARS in Assetto Corsa seem to behave pretty amazing for Pre-Alpha :giggle: :geek:
Bram: Thanks for a very pleasant and interesting talk at Gamescom. My already existing appreciation for the efforts put in to Racedepatment.com have only grown.

Its nice to know that real passion for the hobby still exists, and that a nice and honest talk is still possible in this scene when you meet the right people.

Respect.

Is the pre-alpha remark supposed to be a little hint? :giggle:
The CARS in Assetto Corsa seem to behave pretty amazing for Pre-Alpha :giggle: :geek:
Bram: Thanks for a very pleasant and interesting talk at Gamescom. My already existing appreciation for the efforts put in to Racedepatment.com have only grown.

Its nice to know that real passion for the hobby still exists, and that a nice and honest talk is still possible in this scene when you meet the right people.

Respect.
Oeps, This was not intended to be a reply. :) Sorry Marc.

I´ve always wondered about this but could you explain why this happens?

A camera should not be aware of whatever it is filming so if there´s no lag in reality then the camera should not pick up any lag.

Maybe they are using Vsync which is known to be smooth but will introduce a slight lag.

Maybe you can discuss it in the conspiracy theories thread :D

Maybe you can discuss it in the conspiracy theories thread :D
I´m impressed. With only 5 in IQ you sure seem to have figured out language and stuff.
You continue believing muhammad atta´s driver´s license went into a steel building at 500mph, through the plane, through ignited fuel, through the building and down on the street in perfect condition.

They really can fool people with whatever **** they come up with these days.
BÄÄÄ

Maybe the refreshrate of the monitor is higher than the camera.
That is probably it. Camera is what 30fps? Game at least 60?
Most cameras are at 24.95 fps I believe. (That is the speed for film cameras at least, I don't know if newer digital cameras shoot the same way or not)

But It's definitely much slower than the 60 hz that you would see standing there, and there's always differences between actual eyesight and film.

That's the reason a wheel will appear to spin backwards on screen even if you're standing there watching it spin forward. Also the reason television and computer screens (especially old CRT displays) will look distorted when filmed.

Keep in mind the game in the video above is being rendered by the GPU at a certain FPS, likely being reproduced on the display at a different FPS, then captured on a video camera at yet another FPS, then uploaded to youtube which may have changed it further. So there's almost no chance for the frames to sync up correctly.

The main difference in response times is probably due to 1 frame of the camera catching 1 frame of the game and not updating quick enough. The human driver of course is not limited to a certain FPS and will appear fluid in the camera.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back