Gamemodes?

Hi, can somebody enlighten me about the various gamemodes included in this game? For sure there will be MP, but will there also be an singeplayer championship modus seen in GTR2 or GTR EVO with AI cars?

Correct.

Competitions: Currently live with awesome prizes and the ability to test drive cars you don't own. Unfortunately they're using Amateur driving model at the moment.

Track Test: Single player practice sessions with, currently, 6 AI cars and adaptive AI (get comfortable with the track, set some valid lap times, reload the track and the AI will have learned from your times.)

Leaderboard Challenge: Competing against other users around the world to lead the ranks in each car and track. More fun then you'd think with the way they present it, especially when you have friends to battle against.

Multiplayer is currently not available and very little details are known but I'm sure they'll be talking about it soon enough.

Thanks Glen - that's very clear.

I tried the leaderboard challenge in the closed beta and it was surprisingly good - especially the ability to 'challenge' a faster driver - the game loads a ghost car that does the challened driver's lap time and you try to beat it. I found it a very effective way to improve my lap times.

I have been a huge fan of Simbin from the beginning. I own GTR, GTR2, GT Legends, RACE 07, and a few other titles. I have also bought copies of a few of the titles to friends to introduce them to sim racing. However, as huge of a fan of Simbin that I am, I cannot justify purchasing one more car or one more track without some confirmation from Simbin about multiplayer being unlocked soon. After scouring the Internet, the only evidence I can find about the intention to offer multiplayer is a greyed out "multiplayer" option on the menu screen.
My sim racing investment is waiting for Raceroom Race Experience, GTR3 (which could be vaporware), Project CARS, Asseto Corsa, or RFactor 2 to demonstrate to me that their product offers the most realistic sim racing with stellar graphics, real physics, dynamic weather and day/night cycles, historic and real tracks, and lag-free multiplayer. Then and only then will I throw all my money to the victor.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.3%