F1 2011 Game won't update?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,

I've tried updating my PC version of the game using the manual download. When I run the setup file it says it can't be completed and to go to the "titleupdate" notepad for an explanation.

It says this:

Launching Title Update: "C:\Users\xxxxxxx\setup.exe" /selflaunch
Could not find game install folder
To manually set folder, run: "C:\Users\xxxxxxx\setup.exe" /f "<path to game folder>"

So how and where do I manually set the folder?

Apologies for my sheer incompetence!

Are you sure you have the complete download of the patch?

If it's the european version, the download will be called F12011_EFIGS_Patch_v1.1.zip (I think the American/Canadian one is F12011_NA_Patch_v1.1.zip)

When it's unzipped there should be :-

F12011_Patchv1.1_Readme.txt
Media1.cab
setup.exe
TitleUpdate.msi

When setup is run, it is a GFWL installer, and personally I do not get a choice over where it's installed. In fact it just irritatingly ploughs on with the install (without confirming where it's going), hence I have just installed it again by accident ...... :mad:

OK Guys, I solved this Fu kin' problem!

I bought Serial number and activated it, but my game started updating. I could not play, every time, when I started game, GFWL started updating (I had 3GB repack version). I started searching at forums, and someone said me, that it was Versions problem. Then I started download several different versions, and I found original version (7.44GB). I uninstalled old version and started installing new version. At installation process, setup asked me to enter product key (When I bought Serial Key, it followed Product Key, too). I entered product key and installed game with succesfull. Game did not started, asked Original disc. I had a mini Disc and mounted it in Daemon Tools Pro. After them, game started and GFWL asked me about update, again. I made update and exited from game. Windows installer continued installing patch, and finished it succesfull, too.
After this steps game started and I can play at Online without any problem. I solved this fu ckin problem :)

Now I Can say you how to solve F1 2011 GFWL updating problem step-by-step:

1) Uninstall all other F1 2011 versions.
2) Download F1 2011 (7.44GB) Original Version http://www.mediafire.com/?d5a12urklc70rzc
3) Download Mini Disc F1 2011 http://www.mediafire.com/?ctu8abmabb6vlpv
4) Download Daemon Tools Pro Advanced (Activated)
http://www.mediafire.com/?jbbc7ttpd9oqbd4
5) Install F1 2011 Original and enter Product Key
6) Install Daemon Tools Pro and Mount Mini Disc (Important: DVD Region - Not Set)

7) Start Game and Update GFWL
6) Exit Game, Install Patch (which will download GFWL automaticly)
7) Start Game, Have Fun ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years