• This Saturday: The Virtual 24 Hours of Le Mans | Live
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game won't update?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Chris Thomas, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

I've tried updating my PC version of the game using the manual download. When I run the setup file it says it can't be completed and to go to the "titleupdate" notepad for an explanation.

It says this:

Launching Title Update: "C:\Users\xxxxxxx\setup.exe" /selflaunch
    Could not find game install folder
    To manually set folder, run: "C:\Users\xxxxxxx\setup.exe" /f "<path to game folder>"

So how and where do I manually set the folder?

Apologies for my sheer incompetence!

2. Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump.

Someone's gotta know the answer to this. 87 views?

3. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,084
    Are you sure you have the complete download of the patch?

If it's the european version, the download will be called F12011_EFIGS_Patch_v1.1.zip (I think the American/Canadian one is F12011_NA_Patch_v1.1.zip)

When it's unzipped there should be :-

F12011_Patchv1.1_Readme.txt
    Media1.cab
    setup.exe
    TitleUpdate.msi

When setup is run, it is a GFWL installer, and personally I do not get a choice over where it's installed. In fact it just irritatingly ploughs on with the install (without confirming where it's going), hence I have just installed it again by accident ...... :mad:

4. Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I've got the complete download. I tried it several times just incase but it just won't work. Thanks for the response though!

I think I'll just reinstall the game completely and go from there!

5. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,084
    Sounds like a plan ..... :)

6. David Palavandishvili

David Palavandishvili

Ratings:
    +9
    OK Guys, I solved this Fu kin' problem!

I bought Serial number and activated it, but my game started updating. I could not play, every time, when I started game, GFWL started updating (I had 3GB repack version). I started searching at forums, and someone said me, that it was Versions problem. Then I started download several different versions, and I found original version (7.44GB). I uninstalled old version and started installing new version. At installation process, setup asked me to enter product key (When I bought Serial Key, it followed Product Key, too). I entered product key and installed game with succesfull. Game did not started, asked Original disc. I had a mini Disc and mounted it in Daemon Tools Pro. After them, game started and GFWL asked me about update, again. I made update and exited from game. Windows installer continued installing patch, and finished it succesfull, too.
    After this steps game started and I can play at Online without any problem. I solved this fu ckin problem :)

Now I Can say you how to solve F1 2011 GFWL updating problem step-by-step:

1) Uninstall all other F1 2011 versions.
    2) Download F1 2011 (7.44GB) Original Version http://www.mediafire.com/?d5a12urklc70rzc
    3) Download Mini Disc F1 2011 http://www.mediafire.com/?ctu8abmabb6vlpv
    4) Download Daemon Tools Pro Advanced (Activated)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?jbbc7ttpd9oqbd4
    5) Install F1 2011 Original and enter Product Key
    6) Install Daemon Tools Pro and Mount Mini Disc (Important: DVD Region - Not Set)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7) Start Game and Update GFWL
    6) Exit Game, Install Patch (which will download GFWL automaticly)
    7) Start Game, Have Fun ;)