F1 2013 Game won't start

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys

Its me again. I'm having problems running the game.

Well it won't run at all. Have scoured the internet for a solution but nothing works.

When i start the game trough steam or with the game exe it loads verry briefly in the taskmanager but closes like in 10 sec. Have tried compability and administrator rights but still the same. My windows and drivers are up to date. Tried with all background programs closed and antivirus off but won't help either.

Payed 45€ for a game i can't play. If someone could help me out that would be awesome. Can give u remote control over my pc if someone is up for that.

Tnx in advance.
Jonas.

I know you mentioned background tasks, but all of them?

There is a few games that won't run for me if I am running MSI Afterburner in the background, or essentially any other application that hooks into the game to create an overlay (like an FPS counter/display), or for capturing video.

It's not obvious to the user that this is happening, the game just won't start, or fails within seconds.

Having said that, I have never had any such problems with any of the F1 20xx games in the series, I just mention this because it's not obvious, and with so many PC systems around, with varied builds, this 'game hook' problem is just something to consider or check. :)

The other obvious thing is to remove any mods and verify your Steam game cache within Steam (actually do that before before the game hook thing above). Verifying these files will automatically download and replace any missing, corrupted, or modified files (like mods :) )

If you are not sure how to do this, please read my sticky here :-

How to repair or check your game files sticky post

Cheers :)

A good example of this is in my Assetto Corsa install, I have SweetFX installed because the default sky just burns my retina. However the game will now crash on tracki loading if I leave MSI Afterburner running in the background (it runs on boot)

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back