• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Game Will Not Launch

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by BeefyPeeg, Nov 6, 2017.

1. BeefyPeeg

BeefyPeeg

Ratings:
    +8
    I have dug around through the forums on several sites, but cannot find a solution to this issue. I cannot get the game to launch. I click on "play" from my Steam library, the AMS logo pops up, followed quickly by a black screen. The black screen immediately disappears and nothing else happens.

After some reading up on the issue over the inter-webs, I tried the various troubleshooting ideas (verify Steam files, delete player folder, disable plug-ins, disable SweetFX, reinstall DX, etc.) to no avail, thus prompting the complete uninstall/removal of everything AMS. I thought for sure this would be the be-all-end-all for this problem, but I guess I was wrong.

Can anyone help me out here please?

2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,340
    Did you run the AMS config exe too? I don't see it mentioned… But it looks like you tried everything. Antivirus maybe?

3. BeefyPeeg

BeefyPeeg

Ratings:
    +8
    I didn't even think of my AV! Norton has always been a boob towards AMS.exe, flagging it as harmful. I went to my Norton settings and "trusted" the application and everything is peachy once more.

Thank you sir! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +229
    Just for info:
    In case of a next AMS.exe update the same problem might appear once again.
    I'm also using Norton and after 2 or 3 problems of the same kind .... even with AMS "trusted" .... I couldn't find any other solution than ..... unactivate heuristic protection or unactivate Norton AV during the AMS update and giving me the time to trust the application before reactivating Norton.

AMS wasn't the only one to have such problems ... RF2 and Fanaleds showed the same problem.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +158
    ...the benefit of using obscure software that has so few users AV programs won't trust it for quite a while after updating.