1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Win a £4,500 Vesaro Racing Rig! Click here for more information.

Game stuttering like crazy

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Greg Latty, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  2. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

For what it's worth, I just happened to do quite a bit of frame rate testing last night to see how the latest update runs. I normally run vSync so started of course by turning that off. I tried DTM 14, DTM 13, and R3E with a couple cars on 4 or 5 different tracks. I was surprised how well everything ran (100-140 FPS) so I bumped up most if not all of the graphic settings and still was able to maintain a minimum of 70 FPS but things were not completely smooth until I turned on vSync which is the way I always run this sim (actually all of my sims). So far I'm impressed with the graphical performance.
    So, not any help to you but I am also running a GTX 780 currently at 2560x1440 (triple screens down for the moment).
    I would check for background processes... if I run into anything I will post what I find.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk
    Sector3 Studios

I'm just going to paste what I wrote in the other thread. Let me know if your hardware temperatures are high.

"Wow. That's very bad. That looks more like a hardware issue though. Perhaps overheating or something in the system clashing. Could you do me a favor and use a temperature monitor while playing and check your hardware temperatures?

I recommend using http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html "

4. Heres a video of my issue. and this is with every graphical setting off or on the the lowest setting and the resolution turned down to 1600x1024
    yep I replied there. Ill kill one this thread and keep the discussion in the other one..