1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Stock Car single player

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Kenny Paton, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Has anyone played a lot of the single player and how good or bad a buy is it for someone who isn't into multiplayer?:unsure:
  2. The AI cars are great. I have had a lot of nice battles on single player. Definitely worth the price.
  3. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Thanks, I'm gonna add it this week, just in time for the minis.:thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I mainly use GSC offline, and have had some fantastic racing with the AI :)
  5. Do the ai make errors often or are they metronimically consistent 99% of the time?
  6. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

I rarely race with AI, but I remember in my first AI race, one of the AI drivers in front of me touched the dirt with 2 wheels and lost control of his car and then took me about because of that :D
    I've also seen 2 ai's pushing each other off-track for example
  7. Yes they do make mistakes. It's important to set the difficulty AND their aggression to the level that suits you. Too aggressive and they damage your car too easily and make too many errors on certain corners (e.g. the cafe chicane at Interlagos), but set the aggresion a bit lower and they drive well, with occasional errors, more realistic, to me anyway.
  8. Keith's post is exactly what I've seen myself.

If you leave the aggression slider alone or raise the aggression slightly, the AI still race cleanly but they'll make the occasional error. I've also watched the AI perform some wonderful powerslides in the V8's :cool:

Change the aggression to 100% and you'll be bashed and shunted all over the place if you are in their way.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Their powerslides in the Classics are great to see as well.
    So leave the aggression at 25-30% seems about right i gather.
  10. AI is decent if you lower the aggression slider as mentioned, but try not to give them a target, lol.
  11. The AI are phenomenal! I set the AI strength to 85% and aggression to 75%.
    This seems to be perfect for my style. They are very aggressive but they will back off if you are in front of them. Sometimes they will bump you but not every time. They make some great looking slides and/or drifts if you follow them around. They really run different than AI in any other game I've played.
    I play ONLY offline and championship mode and I love the game!
  12. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

They keep bumping into me when I try to overtake them, they're everything but prey. You really need to be sure you can overtake them before trying, that's actually pretty nice. :D
  13. What settings are you using for aggression? Reiza recommends using 25%..
  14. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

100%, thought I'd give it a try and lower it from there. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  15. How about ai in formula reiza and formula 3? I can't win at 25% aggression and 75% strength.
  16. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Never tried but I'll give it a go and let you know what happened. I might be a perfect candidate for this since I've only started playing a few weeks ago. :p