Stock Car Extreme v1.25 Released - now also available on Steam!

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios

GSC Extreme v1.25 is out - now also on Steam!

Steam Release Info

If you already own it you may now switch your Serial Number for a Steam key from the official GSC Extreme website:

This is valid for purchases made from release until February 9th 2015. New non-Steam purchases will NO LONGER warrant Steam keys.

Existing NonSteam installs will continue to work even if you do switch your Serial Number for a Steam key, but you will not be able to use the Serial Number again for an install in a fresh system.

Moving to Steam is recommended, but not required. Just like in this release, the plan is to continue updating both versions simultaneously. If you do prefer to keep multiple installs of the game for mods, be advised that for now is not possible with Steam.

INSTALLATION (Non-Steam users):

Update to v1.25 by running GSC Sync.

If you are having any trouble updating via GSC Sync, you may download v1.21 to v1.25 update package from this link, and then add the v1.251 & v1.252 update package from this link to bring your game up to date.

Main changelog for v1.25:

Content

Cars:
  • Added Metalmoro MR18 Prototype series
  • Added GX390 rental karts to KARTS series
Tracks:
  • Added Johannesburg Historic
  • Added Ortona kart track (4 layouts)
  • Updated Goiânia to post-2014 reform
Features & fixes:

• Extensive audio revision from new onboard & trackside recordings bring updated sounds to all cars;
  • Tyre physics updates for all cars further improving lateral / longitudinal force combining;
  • LOD optimization to F-Vee, F-V12 & F-Retro in attempt to minimize stuttering, plus other LOD adjustments for all cars for consistency;
  • Adjusted terrain properties (road, curbs, grass & gravel);
  • The hard compound for the F-Extreme & F-Reiza now has its proper orange Pirelli sidewall label;
  • Corrected bug with corrupted textures in the F-Vee cockpit when running graphics detail lower than max;
  • Corrected bug with Spielberg & Buenos Aires corrupted textures when running graphics detail lower than max;
  • Fixed garage placements at Spielberg Historic;
  • Removed exit sausage curbs at Londrina & Cascavel as per their 2014 updates;
  • Texture updates for Santa Cruz do Sul;
  • Advertising adjustments in various tracks..

Known issues:

Several code-related issues reported from v1.21 are still present in this build, as the code is going through a rewrite which has not been completed in time for v1.25. For that reason v1.25 has the following known issues:
  • Bug in the scoring in championship mode for all series;
  • F-Extreme can occasionally disappear when hitting 8th gear in multiplayer;
  • F-Extreme & F-Reiza tyre restrictions are not applying in pitstops.

Among other minor issues which are known and will be addressed in the coming weeks, along with the adittion of other features previously expected for v1.25.

UPDATES:

Update v1.251 added, changelog:

• Fixed pit entry / exit at Johannesburg Historic where the AI could have some difficulties;
  • Adjusted idle speed & low range torque on the Metalmoro MR18 engine so it doesn´t stall as easily;
  • Minor tyre update to Metalmoro MR18;
  • Updated crowd, starting lights sound effects.

Update v1.252 added, changelog:

• Further optimization for F-Vee, F-V12, F-Retro (hopefully addressing stuttering issues);
  • Optimization to offline dust effects;
  • Increased resistance of gravel traps;
  • Tuned F-Extreme rear wing aero performance;
  • Minor Metalmoro MR18 physics adjustments;
  • Fixed Metalmoro MR18 parc ferme rules being mistakenly enabled;
  • Corrected kart rental crash with vehicle detail under high setting.

Please direct your bug reports on v1.25 to this thread.

If you already own and enjoy GSC Extreme, help us share the word by posting your review on Steam!

For issues installing / running / setting up GSCE, please refer to our FAQ first before posting.

Last edited:
Has become routine, but I must thank and praise Reiza however this beautiful update. Additional content is excellent, Retro and Classic in Johannesburgh for example is fantastic, MR18 in the circuits here in southern Brazil (Santa Cruz do Sul, Velopark, Tarumã, Guapore), Rental Karts may initially seem bland, but is exactly so that work, as well as being great fun, I get to push my chair thinking I'm really into it, hahaha.

Everything is very good, but what really impressed me was the modification of sounds F3 - Onboard, the similarity with our real F3 is amazing.

Once again a great job, thank Reiza.

Hey guys,
I've just downloaded GSC Lite from the website (non-steam) and when I go to run the game, I can't get past the "Please Enter Name" Screen, any known solution would be awesome! And sorry if this was already answered on another thread.

I did some racing with the brazilian stock cars, both online and offline, but they seem too "tame" now, comparing to the experience from the demo that I played recently. There's barely any oversteer unless you really set the car up for it. You can even rush them into corners without having to countersteer, something that the demo version wouldn't allow me to do. Overall, I don't know which version is more realistic, but I have to say that I had more fun with the demo.

I actually checked multiple times if traction control was left on, but it isn't, even though it feels that way.

Update v1.252 live now. Changelog from v1.251:

-Further optimization for F-Vee, F-V12, F-Retro (hopefully addressing stuttering issues);
-Optimization to offline dust effects;
-Increased resistance of gravel traps;
-Tuned F-Extreme rear wing aero performance;
-Minor Metalmoro MR18 physics adjustments;
-Fixed Metalmoro MR18 parc ferme rules being mistakenly enabled;
-Corrected kart rental crash with vehicle detail under high setting.

wow on a Saturday, thank your

the Vees at Cordoba in the pit all cars (20/max shadows) still see a drop to 50fps depending on what track cam you use. (in car is 60fps). However in race stuttering seems to be reduced. butI do seem to get one major stutter in the 1st corner at Cordoba?! Which was visible on the replay.

Im also finding that the fps drops are happening randomly. example. left time at 1:30pm. One sessions was getting 40-50 fps in garage. restarted GSC same settings (max shadows) and time and was getting almost 60 fps... in garage. When im getting these big fps drops the stuttering is still there.

I would advise people to run high shadows and not max, as high I can run 21 vees with solid 60fps, with no stuttering. Maybe do away with the max setting altogether. I can see very little improvement in detail/

HIGH SHADOWS
2mrtru1.jpg

MAX SHADOWS
33jn3wj.jpg

REIZA@ also reducing the garage LOD mp doesn't seem to effect much, so that say to me its all down to the Vee models.

Last edited:
Heh, not just any Saturday, but Carnaval Saturday. Working on this day is almost anathema in Brazil :D

By the way, my crashes when using the Steam overlay seem to be fixed after this update. Not sure if that was intentional, or if it's more random than I thought, but thanks!

Thanky ou Reiza for the update,

the brilliant stuff got even better. I really like the Metalmoro, it´s very fun to drive.
May I ask about multiplayer? How are things organized now with two "platforms". Do the 2 installation options share the same multiplayer platform, so that people that play on steam can play together with people that use the standalone?

Cheers and thanks again

Is it normal for Metalmoro rpm to drop so much when you get off the line or is it a bug ? No car in the game behaves like this and you can guide it with the throttle ( I use autoclutch). But with Metalmoro I can hold the throttle pedal on max and the rpm still drops regardless. Tried an AI race and I immediately lose 2s at the start, because the AI get off the line faster, which they shouldn't really...

I did some racing with the brazilian stock cars, both online and offline, but they seem too "tame" now, comparing to the experience from the demo that I played recently. There's barely any oversteer unless you really set the car up for it. You can even rush them into corners without having to countersteer, something that the demo version wouldn't allow me to do.

after more testing, if have to say the same. the Stock Cars are now really "easy" to drive compared to earlier versions.

Is it normal for Metalmoro rpm to drop so much when you get off the line or is it a bug ? No car in the game behaves like this and you can guide it with the throttle ( I use autoclutch). But with Metalmoro I can hold the throttle pedal on max and the rpm still drops regardless. Tried an AI race and I immediately lose 2s at the start, because the AI get off the line faster, which they shouldn't really...

I can not say it's a bug because I noticed it in other cars, but that does not worry me because I use the clutch to control and keep the rpm.

For those who have not or can not use the clutch, may have this problem.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back