Game Stock Car Extreme v1.21 Released

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Hex.png

Main changelog for v1.21:

• Corrected bug that caused CTD on startup in some systems (no longer requires adding a DEP exception for GSC.exe)
  • Lots of optimization work to improve FPS / stuttering issues
  • F-Extreme physics reviewed to rectify a few errors
  • AI revised for improved behavior and minimizing difficulties with tighter corners
  • Multiple qualifying rules introduced in v1.20 have been temporarily removed to fix some errors - it will be added back in the next update.
INSTALLATION:

Full v1.21 links below - now a 5-part 7.10GB installer:

Mirror 1 (thanks to NRT):

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5

Mirror 2 (thanks to SRE):

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5

Mirror 3 (thanks to Virtual Motorsport):

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5

If you had already updated from v1.15 to v1.20:

Run GSC Sync to update, or unrar this package into your GSC2013 folder, overwriting files when prompted.

If you already have v1.15 but had not yet updated to v1.20:

Check the info below:
Game Stock Car Extreme v1.21 is now available

IMPORTANT:
Mods that have loose files that conflict with original game files will cause trouble - make sure your "Shared" folder in particular is clean before you update. For the same reason mods & addon tracks might require some updating in order to work properly.

Full v1.21 installers will come shortly. In the meantime if you don´t have the game yet, head to www.game-stockcar.com.br, download the full v1.15 installer and update to v1.21 with GSC Sync or one of the update packages below.

If you already have GSC2013 v1.15 installed, you may update to version 1.21 by running GSC Sync from your root GSC2013 folder.

Alternatively, download the update packages below (2.3GB in size) and unrar the contents into your GSC2013 folder, overwriting files when prompted:

GSC Extreme v1.21 UPDATE (link 1 - thanks to Sim Racing Evolution)
GSC Extreme v1.21 UPDATE (link 2 - thanks to NRT)
GSC Extreme v1.21 UPDATE (link 3)

Main changelog for v1.20:

Content

Cars:
  • Added Stock Car V8 2014 season to Stock Car V8 series
  • Added Formula Extreme series
  • Added Formula Vee series
  • Completed full Formula V12 field + updated graphics
Tracks:
  • Buenos Aires (4 layouts)
  • Spielberg (2 layouts)
  • Spielberg Historic
Features & fixes:
  • Added DRS functionality + rules (for F-Extreme / f-Reiza)
  • Added option to restrict prime / option tire compound selections per track
  • Revised tire physics on all cars in preparation to new tire model features currently in development
  • Added multiple tire compound options with corresponding tirewall colors to F-Extreme / F-Reiza
  • Adjusted dirty air physics for more realistic behavior
  • Adjusted engine cooling properties in all cars
  • Adjusted AI performance for wider range specially in lower strentgh settings, and more consistency all around from track to track, series to series
  • Fixed bug with AI performance discrepancy from quali to race (RaceQualRatio=XX parameter now works in AIW files, lower than 1.0 value will result in slower qual times relative to race, higher values will do the opposite. By default AI should be about 2% faster in quali; remains an issue with AI being too quick in practice sessions)
  • Increased rearview mirror resolution for all cars
  • Corrected FOV / POV + tv cameras to the same standards for all cars
  • Updated rumble sounds to be more "bassy" on all cars (for Buttkicker and other similar systems)
  • Adjusted trackside cameras in all tracks for more realistic framing / tracking
  • Adjusted some inconsistent road & terrain properties, fixing some overdone high frequency bumps
  • Various environmental / lightining enhancements (new skies / fog and other updated shaders);
  • Introduced new Foliage shader which looks better & is more optimized to provide performance boost
  • Added 3d tyre lods at Granja Viana to help ease performance issues
  • Added 3d Armco at Interlagos

Known issues:
  • The F-Extreme ERS system has been simplified for this release - basically, the battery is fully charged all the time and the power blending still needs work, meaning the driveability under throttle is not quite what it should be yet;
  • The AI for the F-Extreme does not use 8th gear or DRS;
  • The hard compound for the F-Extreme & F-Reiza does ot have its proper orange Pirelli sidewall label.
  • Championship races are being awarded double points.
All these should be sorted out in time for the next update.

Please direct your bug reports on v1.21 to this thread.

For issues installing / running / setting up GSCE, please refer to our FAQ first before posting.

In need of support with Serial Number renewals or fingerprint mismatches? Please send an email to support@reizastudios.com or contact us via PM here supplying the email used in your purchase so we can better assist you.

Last edited:
No problem, thanks for confirming that Hennie.
I tried a couple of different values for the Formula Extremes, and I think I can feel it helping, so I may well use it, just to help get a bit of traction as I always seem to lose places at the start.
I'm not looking for a cheat but it is definitely one area where the AI gain an advantage as they get away perfectly every time :)

Hi Reiza. Quick question regarding Championship points. For me,it's the only thing I am bit disappointed about the game....since the new update. Running single races is fine but I would love to be able to use all the options of the game and that includes playing championship. Have you look into why it's not working and if so,or when you do, have you think about releasing another update like 1.22 or something of that sort just to fix the bugs. Without necessary having to wait 6 months to get new cars,tracks,etc..? Please don't get me wrong, I don't mind waiting for new products. I would just like the championship points problem to be fix. Thank you in advance for your response.

I can't get past the name entering screen (it locks up my Windows 7 computer).....I have emailed support a couple of times in the last few weeks.....with no response. I uninstalled it and deleted all associated files then downloaded it again...but same results.

Very frustrating I must say....heard so many good things about it.....but yet to experience it!

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Morning guys - will try and assist both.
@bruiserbbq... we have a Reiza Studio representative here as well, and he was able to assist me within one day... http://www.racedepartment.com/members/reiza-studios.9924/
Just send him a private message regarding your problem. (Start conversation)

@Simon Paquette
I managed to create a custom rFm for the F1 1991 mod which allowed you to create an offline championship.
It will then keep the score of you and the AI drivers etc. But don't expect a podium celebration or anything after winning the championship...
I can assist you in creating one yourself... or I can make one for you if you like. All you need to do... is get the track names you want and put them in order. I used the .gdb file names for each track... because the game loads that name. Also which cars should be used.
Then you can also give the championship a specific name etc.
What really makes this fun... is if you give each ai driver a specific pit strategy for each track. Takes a bit of time... but it's awesome. If your tyres will only last 20 laps max... you can send the AI in on lap 18 - 22 depending on how many cars you want in the pits at a time. But I don't want to sound like a smart ass... it's what I did... and now I can run an online race with AI as well, and they will pit more or less on the same laps as us humans.
That said.. not everyone likes the AI - but GSC's has made the AI much better than any other sim I know of. Send me a private message if you need further assistance, will be happy to help where I can.

Thank you for the time Angelq117 but what I am referring too is this from the Main change log for 1.21 on the first page of this thread.
  • Championship races are being awarded double points.
All these should be sorted out in time for the next update.

My problem is not creating or tweaking rfm files but you see, if I am not mistaking, this issue as not yet been resolve. This issue was never one in rfactor or GSC till this version so something was done in the encrypting causing that issue. Championship mode was fine in version 1.15 but not anymore. That's why I was inquiring to see if reiza had maybe think about fixing that issue prior of releasing another big update. It doesn't take anything away from this great game but it bugs me lol. Thank you again for the offer.

Good news....Reiza option 2 If you are running the game as a Windows administrator - if the user is not an administrator, right-click the game icon and select "Run as Admin"
was the fix. Yippee!

But I don’t understand the diff between Windows administrator V user?

Can anyone tell me how I can change the game start so I don’t have to "right-click the game icon and select "Run as Admin”

I want to be able to run the game within Simvibe and I'm not sure how right-click the game icon and select "Run as Admin" will compliment Simvibe.

Cheers All

We found a problem when we were testing enabling LC for the Reiza cars. After our testing & we copied the original engine file back we found that we got a file mismatch on the Reiza.XXX file when joining server online. In order to correct the issue we had to sync our games again. The sync was over 700MEG in size.

Does anyone know what other files changed when we did the testing?
If Reiza can help with this regard we would appreciate it. Should LC not be set as an assist ingame that can be switched on & off?

Good point Gert. Not really related to you question or in any means an answer to you question, but one of the Reiza staff members said I shouldn't quote him on this, but maybe we can use it as a mere reference... He said they are hopefully planning to release v1.25 in mid November. Maybe the LC is part of that roll-out, who knows.

Throttle Control on the F1 Extremes aren't easy... especially without TC. Which is probably why you are interested in getting the LC working. Haven't tried it myself... but have you also changed the engine file on the dedicated server?
If both you and the dedicated server have the exact same files, can't see why you should get a mismatch. Unless something dependent on the Engine file is hard-coded and thus doesn't change on the Dedicated server .exe

Throttle Control on the F1 Extremes aren't easy... especially without TC. Which is probably why you are interested in getting the LC working. Haven't tried it myself... but have you also changed the engine file on the dedicated server?
If both you and the dedicated server have the exact same files, can't see why you should get a mismatch. Unless something dependent on the Engine file is hard-coded and thus doesn't change on the Dedicated server .exe
We did not change it on the server, only in our local installed games. We backed our games up first & then restored the engine files. We did not change any other files. But even after restoring back the original engine file it still gave us a mismatch. It is as of other files were changed after enabling the LC & testing it at a start of a race. If Reiza has a comment on it as to what gets changed while playing the game after making the change. I must also ad that I disable realfeal & use the standard GSC FFB & installed the GID HUD. I think it might have set list of files to update if it finds a change from some files.
BTW we did the test on the Reiza cars only.

Well that explains the mismatch. The LC would have worked if you merely updated it on the dedicated server as well. Just tested it on our side... but as for the additional data when syncing again... hopefully Reiza can comment on that. Hope you come right.

[B][U]This issue has just been RESOLVED! (Read Below)[/U][/B]
What I did was download the 5 part version 1.21 from the original post by Reiza Studios in this thread (Page 1, Post 1). I deleted every instance of GSC2013 that I could find on my computer. The difference I noticed was in the file names. The files in the original post are labeled Game Stock Car Extreme (and it is 5 part) whereas other installers are GSC2013 (4 part download) and require to update via GSCSync.exe to the latest version. I'm not sure why on my machine this made such a difference, but it did. I can now connect to any lobby server and the session comes up and I'm able to drive. I guess we can leave my original post up in case someone else comes across a similar problem?

Cheers,
Ken.

=====================================================================

@Reiza Studios
This issue started just a day ago. I attempt to get onto any online server and I'm greeted with a Game Crash and Dump File creation error message.

What I have done to date is to uninstall/re-install GSCE about three times now. Interesting to note that I am not being prompted for my registration key after the install.
I have downloaded the install files from the GSCE website as to make sure the files are not corrupt. I get one executable and 3 *.bin files when downloaded.
I run the install as normal. Once concluded, I start the .exe, input my player name and continue. Then I exit. I run GSCSync.exe. New files to update to 1.21 are downloaded and installed (5GB+).
Afterwards, GSCSync does it's thing, I get into the game, go to multiplayer. I can see all the servers, I select the one I'm looking for and can choose the car and connect, however when the session screen comes up which should show me a window with my car, etc., the game just freezes. I can hear all the garage sounds, but any menu selection is not functioning. I have to go to the Task Manager and kill the process, or, if I go to the error message, I get the Game Crash and memory dump file created.

Link to crash dump file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7309i7spnlsc14w/GSC.18236.dmp?dl=0

Here is what I get once I'm in the lobby. I can never get past this screen. please help!

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

[B][U]This issue has just been RESOLVED! (Read Below)[/U][/B]
What I did was download the 5 part version 1.21 from the original post by Reiza Studios in this thread (Page 1, Post 1). I deleted every instance of GSC2013 that I could find on my computer. The difference I noticed was in the file names. The files in the original post are labeled Game Stock Car Extreme (and it is 5 part) whereas other installers are GSC2013 (4 part download) and require to update via GSCSync.exe to the latest version. I'm not sure why on my machine this made such a difference, but it did. I can now connect to any lobby server and the session comes up and I'm able to drive. I guess we can leave my original post up in case someone else comes across a similar problem?

Cheers,
Ken.

=====================================================================

@Reiza Studios
This issue started just a day ago. I attempt to get onto any online server and I'm greeted with a Game Crash and Dump File creation error message.

What I have done to date is to uninstall/re-install GSCE about three times now. Interesting to note that I am not being prompted for my registration key after the install.
I have downloaded the install files from the GSCE website as to make sure the files are not corrupt. I get one executable and 3 *.bin files when downloaded.
I run the install as normal. Once concluded, I start the .exe, input my player name and continue. Then I exit. I run GSCSync.exe. New files to update to 1.21 are downloaded and installed (5GB+).
Afterwards, GSCSync does it's thing, I get into the game, go to multiplayer. I can see all the servers, I select the one I'm looking for and can choose the car and connect, however when the session screen comes up which should show me a window with my car, etc., the game just freezes. I can hear all the garage sounds, but any menu selection is not functioning. I have to go to the Task Manager and kill the process, or, if I go to the error message, I get the Game Crash and memory dump file created.

Link to crash dump file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7309i7spnlsc14w/GSC.18236.dmp?dl=0

Here is what I get once I'm in the lobby. I can never get past this screen. please help!

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Are you not in spectator mode? Look in you profile folder under \Userdata\, You will find a file called Multiplayer.ini Edit it & look for the following: "Spectator Mode="0"" It should have 0 value in it. If it is "1" change it to "0"

Are you not in spectator mode? Look in you profile folder under \Userdata\, You will find a file called Multiplayer.ini Edit it & look for the following: "Spectator Mode="0"" It should have 0 value in it. If it is "1" change it to "0"
You can do it in game too. Click Multiplayer, the the 'options' tab at the top, and then there's a spectate option.

There was someone in our club who had the same issue as you are describing. Can't remember who it was to ask them but they got it working :/ I don't think they did more than re-sync the game or something. @Jim Brailsford was it you?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%