Game Stock Car Extreme v1.21 Released

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Hex.png

Main changelog for v1.21:

• Corrected bug that caused CTD on startup in some systems (no longer requires adding a DEP exception for GSC.exe)
  • Lots of optimization work to improve FPS / stuttering issues
  • F-Extreme physics reviewed to rectify a few errors
  • AI revised for improved behavior and minimizing difficulties with tighter corners
  • Multiple qualifying rules introduced in v1.20 have been temporarily removed to fix some errors - it will be added back in the next update.
INSTALLATION:

Full v1.21 links below - now a 5-part 7.10GB installer:

Mirror 1 (thanks to NRT):

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5

Mirror 2 (thanks to SRE):

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5

Mirror 3 (thanks to Virtual Motorsport):

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5

If you had already updated from v1.15 to v1.20:

Run GSC Sync to update, or unrar this package into your GSC2013 folder, overwriting files when prompted.

If you already have v1.15 but had not yet updated to v1.20:

Check the info below:
Game Stock Car Extreme v1.21 is now available

IMPORTANT:
Mods that have loose files that conflict with original game files will cause trouble - make sure your "Shared" folder in particular is clean before you update. For the same reason mods & addon tracks might require some updating in order to work properly.

Full v1.21 installers will come shortly. In the meantime if you don´t have the game yet, head to www.game-stockcar.com.br, download the full v1.15 installer and update to v1.21 with GSC Sync or one of the update packages below.

If you already have GSC2013 v1.15 installed, you may update to version 1.21 by running GSC Sync from your root GSC2013 folder.

Alternatively, download the update packages below (2.3GB in size) and unrar the contents into your GSC2013 folder, overwriting files when prompted:

GSC Extreme v1.21 UPDATE (link 1 - thanks to Sim Racing Evolution)
GSC Extreme v1.21 UPDATE (link 2 - thanks to NRT)
GSC Extreme v1.21 UPDATE (link 3)

Main changelog for v1.20:

Content

Cars:
  • Added Stock Car V8 2014 season to Stock Car V8 series
  • Added Formula Extreme series
  • Added Formula Vee series
  • Completed full Formula V12 field + updated graphics
Tracks:
  • Buenos Aires (4 layouts)
  • Spielberg (2 layouts)
  • Spielberg Historic
Features & fixes:
  • Added DRS functionality + rules (for F-Extreme / f-Reiza)
  • Added option to restrict prime / option tire compound selections per track
  • Revised tire physics on all cars in preparation to new tire model features currently in development
  • Added multiple tire compound options with corresponding tirewall colors to F-Extreme / F-Reiza
  • Adjusted dirty air physics for more realistic behavior
  • Adjusted engine cooling properties in all cars
  • Adjusted AI performance for wider range specially in lower strentgh settings, and more consistency all around from track to track, series to series
  • Fixed bug with AI performance discrepancy from quali to race (RaceQualRatio=XX parameter now works in AIW files, lower than 1.0 value will result in slower qual times relative to race, higher values will do the opposite. By default AI should be about 2% faster in quali; remains an issue with AI being too quick in practice sessions)
  • Increased rearview mirror resolution for all cars
  • Corrected FOV / POV + tv cameras to the same standards for all cars
  • Updated rumble sounds to be more "bassy" on all cars (for Buttkicker and other similar systems)
  • Adjusted trackside cameras in all tracks for more realistic framing / tracking
  • Adjusted some inconsistent road & terrain properties, fixing some overdone high frequency bumps
  • Various environmental / lightining enhancements (new skies / fog and other updated shaders);
  • Introduced new Foliage shader which looks better & is more optimized to provide performance boost
  • Added 3d tyre lods at Granja Viana to help ease performance issues
  • Added 3d Armco at Interlagos

Known issues:
  • The F-Extreme ERS system has been simplified for this release - basically, the battery is fully charged all the time and the power blending still needs work, meaning the driveability under throttle is not quite what it should be yet;
  • The AI for the F-Extreme does not use 8th gear or DRS;
  • The hard compound for the F-Extreme & F-Reiza does ot have its proper orange Pirelli sidewall label.
  • Championship races are being awarded double points.
All these should be sorted out in time for the next update.

Please direct your bug reports on v1.21 to this thread.

For issues installing / running / setting up GSCE, please refer to our FAQ first before posting.

In need of support with Serial Number renewals or fingerprint mismatches? Please send an email to support@reizastudios.com or contact us via PM here supplying the email used in your purchase so we can better assist you.

Last edited:
F1 2014 Cars - Have skins for each race where the real teams changes levies. Hope I am not spamming. If I am, please tell me and I'll stop. Hehehe. Will share download links shortly on Race Department. Promise. Just waiting for my land line to get installed. Hopefully soon.
GSC 2014-09-18 11-37-44-83.jpg
GSC 2014-09-18 11-37-55-87.jpg
GSC 2014-09-18 11-38-04-78.jpg
GSC 2014-09-18 11-38-15-22.jpg
GSC 2014-09-18 11-38-24-26.jpg
GSC 2014-09-18 11-38-31-31.jpg
GSC 2014-09-18 11-38-39-23.jpg
GSC 2014-09-18 11-38-47-90.jpg
GSC 2014-09-18 11-38-55-41.jpg
GSC 2014-09-18 11-39-12-23.jpg

Jip I will be uploading the mod, tracks, UI (User Interface - my menu) & rfDynHud. As well as a Spotter plugin for an engineer. None if it was mine from scratch... I merely spoofed it up to a level I am happy with.
Would be nice if our mods is out there... then people can actually join us for a race every now & then. Like I said a little earlier, they're busy installing my land line for internet... once it's done... I'll load everything then share the download links here. :)

Reactions: hex
Oh, the F1 hud is from rfDynhud? Sorry, I haven't explored that plugin much yet, but I'll try to do so over the weekend. Likewise, if you're talking about the XD UI, I've got that too :) Nonetheless, the others and F1 mod are still very welcome :) Thanks.

Guys sorry for popping this question, but since Reiza declared they would be "undoing" some of the features in the 1.21 patch, our league decided to do a classic championship first... BUT - I was wondering... on the Extremes... how do you setup the DRS to work? I take it the ERS isn't a button you push anymore either or is it?
Need help... with rFactor we used rFHighVoltage which worked fine... but not sure if this is in fact also to be used for GSC.

Thanks in advance... :D

Guys sorry for popping this question, but since Reiza declared they would be "undoing" some of the features in the 1.21 patch, our league decided to do a classic championship first... BUT - I was wondering... on the Extremes... how do you setup the DRS to work? I take it the ERS isn't a button you push anymore either or is it?
Need help... with rFactor we used rFHighVoltage which worked fine... but not sure if this is in fact also to be used for GSC.

As per the Reiza post on the first page.
Known issues:
  • The F-Extreme ERS system has been simplified for this release - basically, the battery is fully charged all the time and the power blending still needs work, meaning the driveability under throttle is not quite what it should be yet;
  • The AI for the F-Extreme does not use 8th gear or DRS;
  • The hard compound for the F-Extreme & F-Reiza does ot have its proper orange Pirelli sidewall label.
  • Championship races are being awarded double points.
All these should be sorted out in time for the next update.

Thanks in advance... :D
ERS does not work with a button at all, it is not like the KERS system. Even with the Reiza cars there is not KERS button. At this stage The batteries are allways fully charged, does not matter how you drive. There will be updates/fixes on it in the next game update.

My question would be that V1.21 has the Extreme(F1 2014) cars in it, why you bringing out a mod for it? Why not just do a skin pack for the cars? I have only seeing guys bring out mods in GSC that don't have the cars in it. Is it because you want to keep the original cars as is?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Gert - and as for the F1 2014 mod - that is still something I am considering. For the true die hard F1 fans - I presume they might want to drive something that not only feel and sound like this season's cars, but also look a 100% like them. However... I actually just posted the 2014 mod's cars for the guy who said that Codemasters also offers what we have in GSC. Just wanted to prove a point that Codemasters - or Kakmasters as you call them is a little "behind" lol.
But yes... for now, we'll stick to the Extreme's as is, because they are brilliant. (Still don't know how to get the DRS to work though).

We will be kicking off a 1991 championship in the next 30 days. Will also post the download links here as soon as they're on the server.

Regards

Thanks for the info Gert - and as for the F1 2014 mod - that is still something I am considering. For the true die hard F1 fans - I presume they might want to drive something that not only feel and sound like this season's cars, but also look a 100% like them. However... I actually just posted the 2014 mod's cars for the guy who said that Codemasters also offers what we have in GSC. Just wanted to prove a point that Codemasters - or Kakmasters as you call them is a little "behind" lol.
But yes... for now, we'll stick to the Extreme's as is, because they are brilliant. (Still don't know how to get the DRS to work though).

We will be kicking off a 1991 championship in the next 30 days. Will also post the download links here as soon as they're on the server.

Regards
As far as I know the DRS does work on Reiza & Extreme on V1.21. If yoy drive test day DRS works anywhere on the track. If you drive single race or championship & need DRS version tracks that have the DRS markers on the tracks to use DRS. In Single race or championship DRS only works in the DRS zones. DRS button config is right at the bottum of the list when configuting buttons.

Couple of niggles/suggestions.

1. Every time I launch the game it dumps a "desktop.ini" on my desktop. Doesn't matter how I launch the game (direct exe launch, shortcut etc).
I'm very precious about my Desktop real-estate :redface: and would love to know if there's a way to stop this, or if it can be fixed.

2. Not knowing all the tracks too well (though enjoying all of them) I'm never too sure which track is going to suit which car. It's only when you launch an F1 on a Kart track that you realise something may be wrong with this picture..... :O_o:
Would be really nice to have some info on the track pictures in the selection menu, even if it's just track length to help better match tracks to car types.

3. The Vee's on High rather than Max settings have a really screwed up steering wheel and cockpit. Weird cross-hatched looking texture glitches. Just me? Tried both original and wombats dll's and re-sync'd my files and still the same.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.8%