Game Stock Car Extreme v1.20 Released - UPDATED to V1.21

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
GSC Extreme.jpg

AMENDED TO INCLUDE V1.21 INFO

Main changelog for v1.21:

• Corrected bug that caused CTD on startup in some systems (no longer requires adding a DEP exception for GSC.exe)
  • Lots of optimization work to improve FPS / stuttering issues
  • F-Extreme physics reviewed to rectify a few errors
  • AI revised for improved behavior and minimizing difficulties with tighter corners
  • Multiple qualifying rules introduced in v1.20 have been temporarily removed to fix some errors - it will be added back in the next update.
INSTALLATION:

If you had already updated to v1.20:

Run GSC Sync to update, or unrar this package into your GSC2013 folder, overwriting files when prompted.

If you had not yet updated to v1.21:

Check the info below:
Game Stock Car Extreme v1.21 is now available

IMPORTANT:
Mods that have loose files that conflict with original game files will cause trouble - make sure your "Shared" folder in particular is clean before you update. For the same reason mods & addon tracks might require some updating in order to work properly.

Full v1.21 installers will come shortly. In the meantime if you don´t have the game yet, head to www.game-stockcar.com.br, download the full v1.15 installer and update to v1.21 with GSC Sync or one of the update packages below.

If you already have GSC2013 v1.15 installed, you may update to version 1.21 by running GSC Sync from your root GSC2013 folder.

Alternatively, download the update packages below (2.3GB in size) and unrar the contents into your GSC2013 folder, overwriting files when prompted:

GSC Extreme v1.21 UPDATE (link 1 - thanks to Sim Racing Evolution)
GSC Extreme v1.21 UPDATE (link 2 - thanks to NRT)
GSC Extreme v1.21 UPDATE (link 3)

Main changelog for v1.21:

Content

Cars:
  • Added Stock Car V8 2014 season to Stock Car V8 series
  • Added Formula Extreme series
  • Added Formula Vee series
  • Completed full Formula V12 field + updated graphics
Tracks:
  • Buenos Aires (4 layouts)
  • Spielberg (2 layouts)
  • Spielberg Historic
Features & fixes:
  • Added DRS functionality + rules (for F-Extreme / f-Reiza)
  • Added option to restrict prime / option tire compound selections per track
  • Revised tire physics on all cars in preparation to new tire model features currently in development
  • Added multiple tire compound options with corresponding tirewall colors to F-Extreme / F-Reiza
  • Adjusted dirty air physics for more realistic behavior
  • Adjusted engine cooling properties in all cars
  • Adjusted AI performance for wider range specially in lower strentgh settings, and more consistency all around from track to track, series to series
  • Fixed bug with AI performance discrepancy from quali to race (RaceQualRatio=XX parameter now works in AIW files, lower than 1.0 value will result in slower qual times relative to race, higher values will do the opposite. By default AI should be about 2% faster in quali; remains an issue with AI being too quick in practice sessions)
  • Increased rearview mirror resolution for all cars
  • Corrected FOV / POV + tv cameras to the same standards for all cars
  • Updated rumble sounds to be more "bassy" on all cars (for Buttkicker and other similar systems)
  • Adjusted trackside cameras in all tracks for more realistic framing / tracking
  • Adjusted some inconsistent road & terrain properties, fixing some overdone high frequency bumps
  • Various environmental / lightining enhancements (new skies / fog and other updated shaders);
  • Introduced new Foliage shader which looks better & is more optimized to provide performance boost
  • Added 3d tyre lods at Granja Viana to help ease performance issues
  • Added 3d Armco at Interlagos

Known issues:
  • The F-Extreme ERS system has been simplified for this release - basically, the battery is fully charged all the time and the power blending still needs work, meaning the driveability under throttle is not quite what it should be yet;
  • The AI for the F-Extreme does not use 8th gear or DRS;
  • The hard compound for the F-Extreme & F-Reiza does ot have its proper orange Pirelli sidewall label.
  • Championship races are being awarded double points.
All these should be sorted out in time for the next update.

Please direct your bug reports on v1.21 to this thread.

For issues installing / running / setting up GSCE, please refer to our FAQ first before posting.

In need of support with Serial Number renewals or fingerprint mismatches? Please send an email to support@reizastudios.com or contact us via PM here supplying the email used in your purchase so we can better assist you.

Last edited:
Yes thats what i mean , I downloaded the game to have it for 1 hour to test it how it runs and it runs good but i didn't see more than 7 gears in formula extreme setup page thats why i asked here.
You cant change the gearing and in the set up it only shows 7 as it should for a gmotor game. But with pixie dust and black magic it actually has 8 out on track.
xsNErQ1.jpg

Maybe you'll get good enough to drive from the cockpit view like most sim racers one day and you'll forget all about this hiccup.
:rolleyes:
;)
It#s not about "good enough to drive cockpit".

I JUST LOVE HOOD VIEW and in some 15-20 years of simracing I ALWAYS played HOOD perspective and if a game does not have HOOD PERSPECTIVE then I just don't buy it like some Need for Speed games lately.

I do not play racing games to race and win (btw I only play offline) - I do play all those simracing with HOOD PERSPECTIVE just for the fun of it, for the great car colors and design, the great hood view, the great landscape scenery graphics and colors.

BTW: when driving HOOD one sees more of the track and see coming curves or collisions/danger earlier than through cockpit view.

Yes thats what i mean , I downloaded the game to have it for 1 hour to test it how it runs and it runs good but i didn't see more than 7 gears in formula extreme setup page thats why i asked here.
fwiw, its not all that unrealistic. 2014 gear ratios can't be changed & the current gear ratio is similar to what mercedes uses. 8th has been used exactly once all year afaik, at least in a race, prob won't be seen again until monza.

It#s not about "good enough to drive cockpit".
BTW: when driving HOOD one sees more of the track and see coming curves or collisions/danger earlier than through cockpit view.

Yes I see. It's easier isn't it. :rolleyes:
Sim racer eh? Try doing the same trick in real sim racing. Try Iracing and you'll see that cockpit is the only one allowed and for good reason, everyone is in the same situation and no one gets to cheat. I suppose your way is good enough for offline arcade racing and I would probably do the same view in the need for speed games and that ilk but not in a sim as good as this one.
All the best
Andy:thumbsup:.

as someone who loves a well-done cockpit & thinks its invaluable i agree a hood cam is easier. its also more natural. your monitor is essentially your windshield; your windshield isn't half-covered with a wheel & dash info.

imo iracing limits you to a cockpit view for the reason you state; it puts everyone on a (theoretically) level playing field & it lends a good deal of authenticity to the sim as well. but if their default view was hood it wouldn't make it any less of a sim. no idea how you guys got arguing about this but it seems really silly to be insulting a guy for his choice of camera presence esp when that camera is closer to emulating real life.

fwiw, its not all that unrealistic. 2014 gear ratios can't be changed & the current gear ratio is similar to what mercedes uses. 8th has been used exactly once all year afaik, at least in a race, prob won't be seen again until monza.

Well actually that is partly true. The gearing indeed can't be changed any more. Every team had to give the FIA their gear ratio's already at the end of Februar.
But 8th gear has been hit in nearly every grand prix already this year, look for some onboard video's. I already saw Hamilton did 346 km/h at Hockenheim this year (with DRS and slip stream). I think, and we will see in 2 GP's if this is correct, that design aim is to hit rev limiter at Monza with low/medium wing setting about 400-500 meters before braking for turn 1 (they brake about 120 meters before turn 1 with low fuel). I think top speed at around 355 km/h :)

Last edited:
Yes I see. It's easier isn't it. :rolleyes:
Sim racer eh? Try doing the same trick in real sim racing. Try Iracing and you'll see that cockpit is the only one allowed and for good reason, everyone is in the same situation and no one gets to cheat. I suppose your way is good enough for offline arcade racing and I would probably do the same view in the need for speed games and that ilk but not in a sim as good as this one.
All the best
Andy:thumbsup:.
It's never the same for everyone even if the driving view was same since people have different equipment. Some have their driving view divided on three big monitors, some have only one smallish monitor for theirs. So, it's not that easy to say what's easier nor if it's fair or equal.

It's never the same for everyone even if the driving view was same since people have different equipment. Some have their driving view divided on three big monitors, some have only one smallish monitor for theirs. So, it's not that easy to say what's easier nor if it's fair or equal.

Hood view is always easier to drive than cockpit view because you can see more of the track. There's simply nothing to obscure your view. That being said, I use cockpit view about 90% of the time for the immersion factor, but occasionally I use the hood view in a game if the cockpit view is awful or I'm trying to complete a goal which I can't do with the cockpit view.

Reactions: hex
Hood view is always easier to drive than cockpit view because you can see more of the track. There's simply nothing to obscure your view. That being said, I use cockpit view about 90% of the time for the immersion factor, but occasionally I use the hood view in a game if the cockpit view is awful or I'm trying to complete a goal which I can't do with the cockpit view.
Yes, but if you happen to have that kind of extensive monitor rig as I described, then your view from the cockpit is better than someone else's that has just a small monitor and hood view.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 152 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%