Game Stock Car 2013: Mystery Screenshot

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Game Stock Car 2013: Mystery Screenshot

Reiza Studios released an interesting screenshot of their upcoming upgrade for Game Stock Car.

The screenshots shows us a classic stock car on an unknown classic track plus a uphill section of the track. Can you guess what track this is?

Besides graphical and content updates the popular PC simulation will also bring new 2013 spec tracks, historic tracks, improved art & shaders and various new (historic) cars.

Game Stock Car is currently one of the two games at RaceDepartment that is...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
Actually it says "Which car is it?" but, I agree with Tomasz. Old Interlagos

And the car seems to be a '79 Chevrolet Opala

Zuffo%20Collection%20-%20by%20Silvia%20Linhares%20-%20012.jpg

Why? That's the first thing I turn off. It looks awkward in all simulations anyway.

Why? Because in the screenshot it looks like no-one is driving the car.

Try to appreciate that not everyone has the same preferences as you. If everyone turned the driver animation off then iRacing, SMS, Simbin, Kunos and ISI would not have included the feature in their latest sims.

Try to appreciate that not everyone has the same preferences as you.

If only those animations weren't that clumsy. If they can't make it right, then it's not worth it. Better to focus on more important things. I haven't seen good hand movements in any game. Simracers want everything as real as possible, so why tolerate awkward hand movements? If they make it right in the future, then OK, I have nothing against it. ;)

I'm surprised that in their efforts to push GMotor2 graphically Reiza haven't added driver animation to cockpit view. After all Simbin added it in 2005.

Much like rain and the other custom things Simbin added themselves, our version of the engine doesn't support driver animations in any real way. We're limited in terms of what we can actually add to the engine itself.

I do quite like driver animations myself, for what it's worth. Personal preference and all that :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back