1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Stock Car 2013: Mystery Screenshot

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Bram, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Game Stock Car 2013: Mystery Screenshot

Continue reading the Original Blog Post
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  2. This is an extremely wild guess, but classic Interlagos?
  3. I'm surprised that in their efforts to push GMotor2 graphically Reiza haven't added driver animation to cockpit view. After all Simbin added it in 2005.
  4. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

Why? That's the first thing I turn off. It looks awkward in all simulations anyway.
  5. Looks like Interlagos, 1975 version.
  6. Actually it says "Which car is it?" but, I agree with Tomasz. Old Interlagos

And the car seems to be a '79 Chevrolet Opala

7. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios

If we're posting screens we may as well do it properly.

Black and Yellow Armco. For when 170mph corners with only a few meters of run off aren't alarming enough on their own.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ^ Looks a lot better then that horrible filter in the first picture!

9. Why? Because in the screenshot it looks like no-one is driving the car.

Try to appreciate that not everyone has the same preferences as you. If everyone turned the driver animation off then iRacing, SMS, Simbin, Kunos and ISI would not have included the feature in their latest sims.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

If only those animations weren't that clumsy. If they can't make it right, then it's not worth it. Better to focus on more important things. I haven't seen good hand movements in any game. Simracers want everything as real as possible, so why tolerate awkward hand movements? If they make it right in the future, then OK, I have nothing against it. ;)
  11. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

I remove even a virtual wheel. I can see my own hands and wheel in front of me and that`s fully enough :).

12. Much like rain and the other custom things Simbin added themselves, our version of the engine doesn't support driver animations in any real way. We're limited in terms of what we can actually add to the engine itself.

I do quite like driver animations myself, for what it's worth. Personal preference and all that :p
    • Like Like x 1
  13. It's a 1979 Chevy Opala.
  14. Track: Taruma-RS, Brazil?
  15. 1979=Season, not the model
  16. Looks like Argentinian circuit of some description, also looks like a Turismo Carretera car.
  17. I still think it's Interlagos 79 (or even earlier, 73?)

1979 to 86 Brazilian Stock Car

Chevrolet Opala
  18. Robert vd Heide

Robert vd Heide
    Piloting RC Helicopters and sim Racecars

everyone that owns netcarpro with all trackmods ,KNOWS its classic interlagos ;-)