Game Stock Car 2012 Release Thread

http://www.racedepartment.com/2012/07/game-stock-car-2012-released/

The long anticipated free update of Game Stock Car is out and users are sharing the content first via torrents. Developer Reiza Studios is currently updating their game website and once completed http links are expected to be released as well.

Please keep seeding the files with the rest of the community and help make the download process go smooth and fast for everybody. We will update this post with the press release, screenshots, videos and other news during the day when more information is unvealed.

Download the torrent here

New to torrents? Quick Nooby Guide here

Visit the GSC 2012 forums for support
Find the English F.A.Q. here
Find the Portuguese F.A.Q. here

@modmate where did you download the content from? I have no issues with the SRE link provided on the first page of this thread

Update: checked with Alex Sawczuk and ill copy paste his response.
MD5 Hashes, I think it's really important you supply these with download links so people can verify their files have downloaded correctly...

Setup.exe: f1e4c2d8c73abdad5db0ff8c3b1c3bcd
Setup-1.bin: a5461822d76e4495a119dd173d060682
Setup-2.bin: 83a471801a4b57d868f03da177c6dc87

Download this to check the checksums of the files you've downloaded: http://www.winmd5.com/

Just dl the md5 checker drop the gsc files in and check they produce the same hashes as provided

If not, the files are corrupt

OK, there is one further issue that is not Reiza's fault but it's still annoying. I use Norton 360 because it comes with my ISP service.
Norton thinks that this new gsc.exe is a virus.

At install it will delete it. I had to install with live scanning off.
When live scanning came back suddenly I started getting an error when launching GSC.exe. When I turned off live scanning once again it worked fine.

The file needs to be submitted to Norton (and possibly other suites like it) to make sure it's white listed. It's very late here and I have to go to bed. But if I can I'll submit it tomorrow.

I think it would be best if Reiza submitted it wholesale to norton and while they are at it, they should submit every exe in the game.

Aside from that, the game drives wonderfully. It makes the old GSC pedestrian by comparison. Turning is sharper, handling more precise.

one thing I particularly like, because I always thought it wasn't modeled correctly in the original (but I had no comparison) is the low end grunt the stock cars have now as compared to before. I never liked the fact that in the original these V8 engines had such a narrow powerband especially down low.

They are american V8's after all, they should be able to go around in 5th gear if needed.

Well, now they have a nice low end grunt that seems much more realistic. Added to the sharp steering, another thing I was not happy about, it makes these cars a lot ore fun to drive.

Quite frankly, if I could trade rfactor for GSC as a base for the many mods floating around, I'd do it in a hearthbeat.

Can you imagine HistoryX with these phisics as a base? Orr some of the GT mods?
Frankly, I like it better than rF2. rF2 seems a bit "unfinished" as far as driving model, while this feels like a mature driving environment. Love it!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%