1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Game runs just in windows mode using directx 11 settings

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by benderr2, Jan 8, 2011.

1. I have a directx 11 card. When i try to enable the directx 11 mode by setting "true" to "false" the game can only be played in windows mode. Pressing alt and enter has no effect.

Is there anyone who can help me with that?

2. Checked the resolution settings on the config?

3. what do i have to pay atention to doing that?

4. resolution width="1440" height="900" aspect="16:9" fullscreen="true" This line of code is what you should alter.

5. nope, doing that game still starts in a window not being able to change this :(

6. Spot on david :D

7. Try the one in the game's system folder see if that help's :D Make sure you save it as xml and not a text file also

8. This may sound a bit odd but did you make sure your mouse pointer was actually in the window when you did alt enter. I only mention this because I have to do the alt enter trick each time I play. Everytime I launch I wait for the game to start up, I move the mouse pointer into the windowed area, and I left click once before I do alt enter. I used to have the same issue until I figured this out. Hope this helps!

9. simple but true, to be honest i dont even know if mine runs in DX11, i have 2x card that support and w7 ultimate ect ect and i just whack everything to Ultra and run @ 16.10 at 1080p (1920x1080) ?

but the click the window before alt enter is spot on too

10. I don't think it's so much the mouse pointer being inside the window but more that the window needs to be selected. :)

11. Alt+Enter

12. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

I take it you didn't bother to read the OP's opening post? He's tried that.