Game running issues

Hello,,

I'm getting random game slow downs(the game runs really slow for a couple of secs, a lot lower fps)

It's not happening all the time and it doesn't happen at the same corner.

Is any1 else having problems like this? or has any1 else had problems like this and solved it?

I turned my replay settings to off, but that didn't solve the issue.

my graphics settings are on low to Medium and my AA is on level 2.

CPU = Q6600
GPU = ATI 6870

Thx for the replies, if i recieve any :)

Nope.. Open Steam, go to "Steam" menu (upper right corner) and choose "Go Offline" and restart Steam. Steam only handles things in client side, it's a launcher and the game handles all the online activity it requires.

i cant see online setups with steam offline but if i turn it on they come back...

Damn, then that means i lose online setups forever since i'm never going back to online Steam.. I lose about 1,5-2 seconds on EVERY race i'm on... And it causes mayhem when i'm suddenly freeezed on verybodys screen in the main straight, approx on lap 3.

Setups should not be related to the online or offline status of steam. After the last update of Race, there has been an issue with online setups. As it seems, reinstalling the Race application should solve that, but I haven't tried that out yet.

To run Raco07, steam can be in offline mode. I use it on several computers, and on all my steam is in offline mode to avoid multiple logins. I have never had issues with that before.Steam has to be active, but offline should be ok.

When I start Race, it first asks me if I want to connect Steam or stay in offline mode. I click Offline mode, and then I get the question if I want to run Race, or run the config. Then Click run Race, and the game works fine, both offline and multiplayer mode.

I'm currently doing clear install of the whole package... That's 8 gigs worth of download, just to get online setups working again. i will report about the findings.

EDIT: no changes, online setups are unavailable, steam is online ATM, game is fresh install.. I'm adding this to the bug list.

Setups should not be related to the online or offline status of steam. After the last update of Race, there has been an issue with online setups. As it seems, reinstalling the Race application should solve that, but I haven't tried that out yet.

To run Raco07, steam can be in offline mode. I use it on several computers, and on all my steam is in offline mode to avoid multiple logins. I have never had issues with that before.Steam has to be active, but offline should be ok.

When I start Race, it first asks me if I want to connect Steam or stay in offline mode. I click Offline mode, and then I get the question if I want to run Race, or run the config. Then Click run Race, and the game works fine, both offline and multiplayer mode.

Hi Marco,

This is what it says

Untitled.jpg

Try this.

Close the steam app.
Right click the Steam icon next to the clock, and select Race07.

Game should start then...

Other option is to go via the start menu. Anyway, do not start it via Steam :)

Try this.

Close the steam app.
Right click the Steam icon next to the clock, and select Race07.

Game should start then...

Other option is to go via the start menu. Anyway, do not start it via Steam :)

That doesn't work, i can't even change the video configuration without running steam in online mode.
+ i dont have steam in the startup menu

Is this because i just have the online version?(steam version)

My another race on RD and PC was performing good this time.

I made these changes:

dissabled cpu power management (clock changing) in bios - I think this is the main reason for microstuttering
dissabled sw firewall (have router with firewall)
dissabled antivir
dissabled 2xAA - probably not necessary
instaled game booster 3 - I think this helped too (have 3GB ram in XP)
steam in offline mode

But funny thing is, I get the same framerates no matter how I set my game. It just performs smooth now. So I can thinking about 27" monitor again.

Try this.

Create a new Desktop Shortcut (Right mouseclick on desktop -> New -> Shortcut
Point the shortcut to:
steam://rungameid/8600

Click Next (or finish)

Dubble click the newly created shortcut.

Does that work?

Also, please check in the bottem tray, if you have the on, or offline steam icon. If it is offline, then it should have some red in the top. Otherwise, it's grey / white.

I want to know what you see if you right click on it. Do you have the option there to start RACE as well?

Ok, i got now the same as Ben.. It came after fresh install.. &&%¤ and /&%/&%/ (/&(/&(/& (/&(/&(/&/&¤/&%"#... Really livid, now i lose 3 seconds from every race, i propably have to resign from EVERY league.. For #"#¤"¤ sake. No more steam offline.

EDIT: I'll report if the issue is still there. If it is, i think i have only one option, try to find some obscure methods to stop steam going online...

Ok, 2 options then.

1 - Lower CPU prio in the Taskmanager for Steam application.
How?
Rightclick on the taskbar, and select Task manager.
Go to the processes tab
Rightclick on the process STEAM.EXE
Select Sert Priority
Put it into LOW mode.

2 - Close the ports in the firewall for Steam.
How?
That differs per router / firewall. For Windows (XP):
Select properties of the network connection
Go to the Advanced tab
Select Firewall Settings
Go to the tab Exceptions
Deselect steam.
For Windows 7 there is an option to open the properties of the firewall when you are in the advanced settings of the network.

Please remember that steam updates will NOT be received when blocking acces to internet for Steam.

I have to say I have not tried it out yet. I haven't re-installed the Race game yet. If this does not work, I shall reinstall it on 1 of my non-racing PC's, and do some trouble shooting there.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%