Game running issues

Hello,,

I'm getting random game slow downs(the game runs really slow for a couple of secs, a lot lower fps)

It's not happening all the time and it doesn't happen at the same corner.

Is any1 else having problems like this? or has any1 else had problems like this and solved it?

I turned my replay settings to off, but that didn't solve the issue.

my graphics settings are on low to Medium and my AA is on level 2.

CPU = Q6600
GPU = ATI 6870

Thx for the replies, if i recieve any :)

I'd wager that the problem is nothing to do with the game itself, but another process in the background which runs periodically, and consequently slows everything else down. Your game included. Have you tried raising the game's CPU priority in task manager when you want to play it? If not, I'd suggest you set it to the second to highest option there. Just not Real-time. Setting it to Real-time will make your computer unbearably unresponsive.

What mods are you using, and are you using custom skins? Does this happen at any time during a race, or just on the first lap?

STC Mod. but the safety car and camera car aren't on the practice server.

it happens any time during race and practice. It's totally random

Could it be something to do with track distance?(how far the track loads infornt of you?)

I'd wager that the problem is nothing to do with the game itself, but another process in the background which runs periodically, and consequently slows everything else down. Your game included. Have you tried raising the game's CPU priority in task manager when you want to play it? If not, I'd suggest you set it to the second to highest option there. Just not Real-time. Setting it to Real-time will make your computer unbearably unresponsive.

I tried using game booster, but that didn't help the issue.
Will try raising the CPU priority to high, when i next play the game.

Same here, about 10 minutes in the game it stutters or freezes and i loose 1½ seconds but it can happen anytime. It doesn't do it twice.. Feels like a background service but there's no way to find out what it is. Tried taking antivir off, rising process priority, nothing helps. I do have an ancient setup, AMD 64 at 3GHz and 7900GTO. Sometimes it halts the game for 1-3 seconds, sometimes it's spread across larger timeframe with small FPS drops but usually i can see 1½ difference in laptimes then too. HD is very active during this.

I have checked the process list and there's nothing that should be doing updates or anything else like that. Only the really necessary stuff is on during game. I've tried to run a trace but Race07 seems not to do it properly, it creates the LOG folder but nothing more..

When I bought my PC, it had just 1GB of memory and Race07 was doing strange things. If I remember correctly, I had some issues with FPS. Now with 4GB of ram no problem on XP. But it still gets stuck randomly on Nordschleife when driving with full grid of AI. Not every time, but with fast cars/formulas it tends to freeze for about 1-5s and HDD is very active. But I have also slow disk 5400rpm.

It sounds like your system might be accessing the system cache for some reason at that point. For those that have Vista or 7, have you tried setting up a USB drive as a readydrive? With the readydrive option, the system will cache to the USB drive instead of the hard drive making things a bit faster.

It sounds like your system might be accessing the system cache for some reason at that point. For those that have Vista or 7, have you tried setting up a USB drive as a readydrive? With the readydrive option, the system will cache to the USB drive instead of the hard drive making things a bit faster.

Makes sense, i've been suspecting windows from the start. Back in 2008 when i first started, i had a lot of problems with XP trying to do updates and whatnot as it didn't understand the fact that there could be activity outside windows.. From then there has been no auto-updates on my gaming rig, none (well, Avira does but it does it at start, shutting it off won't do any good, it's been tested...). But that problem disappearead just by sitting in the pits for ten minutes or more and letting windows do it's thang. This problem appears only once and only when driving, that would lead me to suspect that it came with the first Retro patch, the one that they quickly fixed...

EDIT: oh forgot, SATAII 7200RPM HD, 8,9ms so it should be adequate for gmotor2 engine

Sometimes the latest drivers isnt the solution. Its better to stay with drivers that work and dont change it anymore.
I am now along time at 10.8 for my ATI any newer driver always gave me these kind of problems. So i used the "if it aint broken dont fix it" method. ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 110 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 115 13.4%