Game playing super slow when entering controller settings ?

I recently went & re-installed Race 07 to do a WTCC championship & when i went to set up my wheel etc the menu went from 144fps down to 0fps. Making it take years to just have the game registrate that i pressed buttons.

I don't know why this is even happening as it worked just fine last year & my PC has not changed a bit... other than Nvidia drivers.

Asking here as steam forum is dead and i cannot find anyone else mentioning it.

Aw... Just guessing now , that Nvidia or Steam is responsible for your trouble. Try to eliminate Nvidia first, might be your new GPU-driver..

Aw... Just guessing now , that Nvidia or Steam is responsible for your trouble. Try to eliminate Nvidia first, might be your new GPU-driver..
Maybe, But it would not really make sense tbh. Don't know how the controller settings menu work but it's perfectly fine in GT Legends & GTR1 and 2. So why it would only effect Race 07 out of all the games makes no sense to me.

Maybe, But it would not really make sense tbh. Don't know how the controller settings menu work but it's perfectly fine in GT Legends & GTR1 and 2. So why it would only effect Race 07 out of all the games makes no sense to me.
You said that you changed GFX driver and probably erased some settings. And Windows Update make changes to people's systems, too.
I've had V-sync problems with an old GTX570. Now I'm running Race07 / RaceOn = ON, another settings for Gtr-Evo=OFF.
*Check your Nvidia ControlPanel, look for V-Sync Settings. Try change the setting. Then run Config exe in Race07 folder. Did you try that ?

Last edited:
You said that you changed GFX driver and probably erased some settings. And Windows Update make changes to people's systems, too.
I've had V-sync problems with an old GTX570. Now I'm running Race07 / RaceOn = ON, another settings for Gtr-Evo=OFF.
*Check your Nvidia ControlPanel, look for V-Sync Settings. Try change the setting. Then run Config exe in Race07 folder. Did you try that ?
Yea, Tried everything at this point. Reverted to an older driver & issues is still there. Got no issues in any other menus it's just the controller settings menu where i go to bind stuff.

In game it runs fine at 144fps at max settings so yea, At this point i'm at an loss tbh. I dont suppose i could like use GTL or GTR to make a keybind file & just use it on 07? I know you could use rFactor 2 key configs on one of those shitty Nascar games. Dunno if it would work here? As i assume there isn't much difference between them as they are on the same engine?

Ok, sad story.
The Game runs fine, but changing your control settings is a no-go. You can probably escape that, and continue playing. But with a controllet setting you do not want..

Windows10 & W11 is playing games with gamers, that I know..

Put up the Question again, in the RD's Hardware / Controller Section ?
Maybe at the Forum linked to your controller, to see if other people have this issue, even in other games.

Don't think its worth putting there tbh as it seems to be just related to Race 07.

rFactor 1 & 2 - Fine
AMS 1 & 2 - Fine
RaceRoom - Fine
AC - Fine
ACC - Fine
GT Legends - Fine
GTR 1 & 2 - Fine

Hell even Gran Prix Legends is fine.

According to steam the game was updated in oct 12, 2021 & i know i had the game uninstalled at that point. So i can only assume that what ever that update did messed with the game somehow. No idea if there is a away to contact the devs if so please lmk. Cause at this point i can only pin it down to being that 2021 update. Cause i know for a fact that the game was perfectly fine before it & i have the same peripherals as back then. So at this point even with an driver change on pretty much all my hardware to older ones it has to do something with that update.

There is 1 more guy on steam forum with the same issue, So i know i am not alone at least.

Last edited:
Again, it seems to be a bad product / DLC / updated game from Steam....
I thought about that, too.
You will want your money back, then. Give them some serious heat.. about this.
*Always try to get the DVD disc.*
Doing manual updates, later. If Steam having RaceOn or GTR-EVO, try that to see if it works. .
Sorry, the Devs is unavailable. The game is very old.
About the Update from Oct '21, I don' t have it ! Do I need it ? .... I don't know..

Last edited:
Very strange issue.
My gtr2 .plr control section doesn't look quite the same as in Race 07.
So doubt the direct copy will work?

Hope you get it sorted. Have you tried changing screen resolution just to see if anything changes with the fps in the menus?

It is not due to you have to make a new controller settings file?

Create new and assign the functions from there
The issue is that i can't really make a new controller setting in the first place. Well... I CAN but it takes forever. Game goes from 144fps in menu's down to 1fps inside the controller settings & pressing anything takes up to 10 seconds to registrate.

So going trough 20+ buttons to press & map will take forever & not something i am really willing to sit trough. Especially atm with how little time i have to play :(

The issue is that i can't really make a new controller setting in the first place. Well... I CAN but it takes forever. Game goes from 144fps in menu's down to 1fps inside the controller settings & pressing anything takes up to 10 seconds to registrate.

So going trough 20+ buttons to press & map will take forever & not something i am really willing to sit trough. Especially atm with how little time i have to play :(
A complete Re-Install of the Game is now recommended..
RUN Chkdsk if not on SSD.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea