1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Game is crashing/hanging all of a sudden

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Jan Mikuž, Nov 27, 2014.

1. The game began to crash/hang 4 days ago all of a sudden. Until now it has always happened within a couple of minutes of the day's first start up of the game. The sound at the time of crash continues to play, but the image is frozen and i can't do anything but restart my pc. There are no problems from 2nd start up on.
    Could this indicate that my gpu is failing or anything else ? It's been months since i last had such a crash/hang.

Thanks

2. No advice ? This keeps happening over and over again.
    Just had the same type of crash first with Copa de Marcas and then with GSCEx....
    What is the most likely culprit here ? I'm using an old 8800gt atm and have all settings on med, only opponent detail on full. But i can play just fine (test drive or multiplayer), it's just these crashes seem to happen at every first startup of the game after i turn on my pc. Weird...

3. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

I've seen your thread Jan, but unfortunately I am a dunce when it comes to PC specs and whatnot, so sorry I can't help.

@Jok3sta and @Paul Smith am I right in thinking you know about graphics and stuff like that? I remember from the thread about nvidia dsr?

4. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

Hi Jan, I had this a while ago and not just in GSC just random crashing. I fixed it by running a check disk on the hdd. Follow these steps and give it a try, hopefully it will work for you too.

Instructions for W7

5. Thanks, guys, much appreciated.
    Will run chkdsk.

6. have you added any mods recently.?

7. The most recent is the 911rsr mod. And a couple of tracks. I have Clio cup, British racers and 911rsr + Patrick's latest mods installed.

8. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

Normally if its a mod, you would get some sort of .mas error or something like tha and you would be able to alt, tab&del to get to the task manager. If its crashing and locking out the PC I would guess it's the hdd.

9. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

(Thanks guys for helping out! :thumbsup: Great community here!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

I've had a slight problem in that I tried to start the game and it wouldn't actually boot up. In the end I had to reinstall, that fixed the problem (so far!)

11. Before you do anything check the gamedata/shared folder in the game install directory and see what files are in there. I remember some files from some mods would cause the game to crash for me

12. Did a chkdsk the other day and no bad sectors or errors. There were no crashes until now when it happened again. Here's what i have in the shared folder. @Jok3sta , please check if there are any problematic files there. Thanks

[​IMG]

13. those files look normal. but delete them anyway and do a sync to re download them just in case. Also, I was having a crashing issue recently and I had to delete the 'd3d9.dll' file from the root directory.