F1 2011 Game freezes upon startup.

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Ok, so here's the thing - I uninstalled Rapture3D, I disabled my sound system and ran with integrated motherboard one, it works perfectly sound, there's sound and all. Then I plugged my sound system back in, tried to run the game, it runs great, but there's a problem - NO SOUND. Now, how do I make the game recognise my sound card? Thanks in advance.

[THE PROBLEM MENTIONED BELOW IS SO FAR RESOLVED, SO PLEASE READ AND HELP ME SOLVE THE PROBLEM ABOVE]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD EDIT:
I got it working somehow, but now it's stuck on another logo, after checking devices, I only hear music and see the logo, nothing happens from this point. Any ideas?

Hey guys, so I just got the game, installed it, and once I launch it, it just freezes on the first black loading screen where the F1 2011 logo is. Any ideas? Maybe you've had similar issues... Any help would be appreciated.

Btw, I'm using Windows XP 32bit, the system is good enough to run this game.

It cannot be anything else than the game itself, at first I thought it couldn't contact GFWL somehow, but I got a copy of Fable III and it runs with it just fine. I think reinstall would help, but I don't want to reinstall the game every time I want to play it, that's just ridiculous. It looks as if something bugs it up, but I don't really know what could it be.

I've been mooching about here and the official forums and I have not seen a single other report of the bug you are experiencing, hence my advice to post your DX file.

It would also help if you let us know your PC specs.

Lastly, and please don't take offence at this, confirm you have a bought copy and not a cracked copy, as they can often include hidden DRM failures. To confirm, no offence intended.

I'm better with HW than SW, but would this work.....reinstall, make a copy of your savefile, and then keep playing till it fails to load, then paste the original uncorrupted savefile in.....if it loads, at least you know what's happening, but one would assume that something's causing the savefile corruption, and that'll have to be addressed for a permanent fix.

Hey, I haven't found a solution yet... I ever tried downloading a pirate version to try if it works, it's exactly the same, so I guess it's something within my PC that the game doesn't like. I'm downloading the beta drivers now, maybe it'll do the trick. I deleted the folder from my documents, it didn't help either...

P.S. I got maybe an usual sound card and system, it's called FireFace 400, might this be a problem too?

EDIT: The newest beta drivers didn't help either.

What do you mean? TBH, I found something. I think the whole thing revolves around Rapture3D sound program. Once I uninstalled it, game loaded to the point where you got to click enter to check devices, but there was no further action after this AND there was NO SOUND. On the second try, game froze in the second loading screen, where white logos appear. Maybe this information will let you guys come up with the solution, thanks. Btw, I'll try to reinstall the game without Rapture program installed.

Ok, so here's the thing - you were right, I disabled my sound system and ran with integrated motherboard one, it works perfectly sound, there's sound and all. Then I plugged my sound system back in, tried to run the game, it runs great, but there's a problem - NO SOUND. Now, how do I make the game recognise my sound card? Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this is related to the problems stated in this thread, but I had a freeze up when starting the game yesterday, just after the point where the screen says 'Press Start Button or Enter Key", the screen says something like 'checking storage devices' then the loading starts. It is at this point it froze on me, and when I dropped out to desktop, the game had actually crashed.

After much faffing about checking things out, the problem was solved by disconnecting my wheel from the USB port, and booting the game to keyboard control. I then closed the game, plugged the wheel back in, and all was good. I just had to set up some of my wheel settings again.

So perhaps a hardware XML file was corrupted, or something like that.

Thank you for answering. As I mentioned in a post above yours, I found what was the problem, the only thing I need to know is how to make the game recognise my sound courd/system.

Yeah, sorry about that ...... I started writing it about 2 hours ago, and right in the middle of it my dinner was ready. When I eventually came back, I just finished the text and posted, not checking to see about other replies in the meantime :)

Hi

This happened to me - game was working fine and then all of a sudden it was freezing at the loading screen.

This solution works for me, but only if you have F1 2010 installed as well as F1 2011

It works for me! let me try for another time.. thanks pal

1) Run F1 2010 and exit

2) Run F1 2011 and it no longer freezes

I think it might be a problem with GFWL Profile, but this solutions seems to work for me

Yes, it's works for me,, lemme try another time.. thanks pal

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years