Game Freezes for Several Seconds For No Apparent Reason and Then Returns (Multiplayer)

Hi everyone

Am having a annoying problem in my AMS, it happens on Multiplayer. In a server, practicing or in a race, out of the blue, my screen turns black, I hear the engine of the car as if it was full gas blocked, then a few seconds after, the secreen works again and the car appears a little bit after where it was previously. This happens eveytime I am in a server. It may happen after five minutes, after one minute, after 10 minutes. Getting desperate here, don't know what else to do. Uninstalled and installed AMS, removed any non-official content, and (as I suspected) nothing made it improve. Am getting really frustrated and don't know how to solve this.
Am starting to unregister from series or racing events, because it's impossible to race like this.

My OPS is:

Intel Core (TM) i4590 @ 3.30 GHZ - 8 GB (RAM)
Windows 7
Graphics card: NVidia GEForce GTX660

Yesterday, after having, for maybe the 100th time this problem, commented with several people making use of AMS for Multiplayer purposes and many complained of the exact same thing, same situation.

Screen going black would possibly indicate the nvidia driver detecting a driver crash and restarting the driver. I have had this on night races. Apparently there is an issue with some nvidia cards and headlights.

Check you windows event logs for a crash report just after it happens.

It used to happen, sometimes, on rFactor 2 where it would just crash. It stopped happening, on rF2, when I stoppoed going crazy and having all the content released for the sim, in the Packages folder. Now, I only have installed what I am using at that moment and had no more issues. Also have the sims, Assetto Corsa, RaceRoom iRacing, and the game PCARS ( :) ) race a lot online, never had issues. This kind of problem, that I already heard a lot of people are complaining, not all with the same graphic card as I, this problem is only happening on AMS. Will try later with DynHud off, because it was On.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.1%