• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Game freeze, any help out there?

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Jriv012, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Jriv012

Jriv012
    Riverside Premium

Ratings:
    +127
    Posted in the Reiza forum with no response, so I am hoping someone here in RD has experienced this:

I've been playing AMS for about 4 months would say, same machine and config, never had freezing issues until last 2-3 days and at a very simple Marcas+BA12 combination; no fancy G card, about 40fps but has never stuttered with AMS (or any other sim for that matter); it is now stopping completely for 1-4 secs, just like that; no new software installed in the machine...

I basically lost my ability to use the sim, the whole thing freezes, when it comes back you are lost.

Only new thing is I have added several mod cars and tracks but have not seen freezing with those; any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. roby13

roby13

Ratings:
    +50
    had something similar years ago after updating g-drivers. i then learnt how to completely remove the old ones (inclusive registry) and how to properly update them. maybe thats the case? a second thought would be that some mod overwrote a default file. the fastest solution is a file check through steam

3. Reb.Ellion

Reb.Ellion
    Premium

Ratings:
    +436
    -

Last edited: May 12, 2017