1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Game does not save custom car setup

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Roger Snead, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Hello to all. I did a search on the title both at the Codies forum and here with no results, so if it has already been covered....my apologies.
    I started a Race at Shanghai in Career, but was interrupted and had to quit via, Pause >> "Quit to main menu" I was using a custom car setup all through Practice and Qually. When I came back today to start race I went to take a look at my setup. It was completly different. It looked like a Quick car setup. I had Aero at 11 front and 8 rear with the custom setup. This was now changed to 4 front and 4 rear. I checked the other settings, braking, balance, etc. All changed.
    Is this a bug in the game? Shouldn't it have saved everything that I left it at when I went to "Quit to main menu" which as I explained was a custom setup? Does not look like I can do anything about it except change the front wing only. Did I do something wrong in the way I departed the game last night? Autosave is working fine. I am using the Xbox 360. Many thanks.

2. It is a bug, i had this problem some other times, its worst if you quit on Q2 or Q3. Since the patch i did not had this problem, i guess its solved.

3. The only time a setup is saved is when you do it manually from the setup menu in the garage. Going back to the main menu simply scraps any unsaved changes.
    A similar thing happens, when you restart a session - the car goes back to the default setup and loses any unsaved changes. It's kind of annoying, F1 2011 used to remember all of it after a restart so you didn't even need to load it all over again.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I read your post wrong... So you're saying, that going back to the main menu messed up your SAVED setup? :O_o:

4. Since the 3rd patch I have been able to quit to menu at any point in P, Q or even just before the race and the setup I had put on the car stayed on the car so the patch worked fine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes, that is correct. After clicking on the link that Sean posted below, I see that he had the same issue, on the same track,on the same platform.(xbox) Hopefully it won't continue on with other tracks.